.05

Dexter

Life for me was still normal, almost to the point where I found it difficult to believe the other truly were scared of an imaginary being. While the others had become overly skittish I still held my head high as I roamed the office's hallways.

It wasn't until Jordan called a group meeting, that was supposed to be centered around James, that I realized just how horribly the group was being affected by "blurryface".

Most of the guys had dark circles as if they never slept anymore as well as Seamus being jumpy as if every little noise terrified him. I wondered if they were having experiences that they didn't share with the rest of the group that were putting them in their own little hells, or if they simply were overthinking the entire situation. Either way it still seemed ridiculous to be acting this way over something that could have been just conincidence.

"Okay you guys, we have to figure out what we're going to do about James. The fans are going to wonder if he's not here, but I don't think we should release that he got shot either....any suggestions.", Jordan says.

He sounded nervous, and the way he was fidgeting the slightest amount wasn't helping either. I look around noticing how the others remained quiet even though the topic was open to discuss. I doubted that they were pondering it, in fact I bet they we just unwilling to speak in fear of "blurryface" getting them.

After a few more minutes of silence between the group I decide to take a stand. Getting up out of the faux leather chair I rest my hands on the table in front of me looking at all the other Creatures members. They all looked at me unsure as if I was going to do something that was utterly stupid, and maybe I fucking was.

"What the hell happened to you guys, you all look fucking stressed out to the point where I'm not sure how you're functioning!", I exclaim causing Seamus to flinch.

"It's hard to be okay Dex, with the whole James ordeal and then blurryf-.", Dan begins but I don't hesitate to cut him off, "Blurryface? Really Dan, you're stressed out over that? Honestly I think if you're all that scared we should revolt. Get rid of this asshole so we can continue life as usual!"

"Dexter you know we can't do that!", Jordan hisses, his eyes flickering around the room.

"There's no one here but us Jordan. We can defy a figment of our imagination! James getting shot was coincidence, it wasn't blurryface. That's just a made up thing meant to drive us to our breaking points and you're all just letting it take you to your graves!", I shout.

"Shut the fuck up, you may not believe and that's fine but you don't need to take the rest of us down with you!", Seamus states abruptly standing up and stroking out the door. As he goes I swear he mutters "blurryface is real" but don't comment only look at the chair tipped over on the maroon carpeting he'd been sitting in.

"I agree with Seamus.", Aleks begins softly, "keep your beliefs to yourself that's what got James into his predicament."

"Aleks are you being serious right now?", I ask looking at him in disbelief.

"I watched my best friend lay on the ground bleeding after he disrespected blurryface, whatever it may be, and so yeah I'm dead fucking serious.", he states before getting up and leaving in a fashion similar to Seamus.

The others stay seated and quiet, Jordan the only one moving and that's just to rub at his blue eyes looking exhausted.

"Meeting over, no revolting Dexter. We need to stay in our lane and obey it before anything else happens. There's no since in being stupid about things, be rational for once.", Jordan says. I watch as he gets up and leaves red hat in hand after running his fingers through his hair.

Sighing I turn to leave gripping the metal door handle and looking back at the others.

"We can defy it, and we can beat it. We just can't be cowards.", I state before leaving the room. Immediately I go back to my office rather upset that everyone else seemed to have been whipped by a simple threat.

I honestly believed they'd see my point and see what we needed to do, but I guess fear and uncertainty is stronger than logic.