10. Where To?

Wei Wuxian looked at Lan Qiren surprised, though his face held little emotion, he was horrified at the thought of leaving the Wen remnants behind, his A-yuan behind. He looked at Lan Zhan, who looked equally shocked.

"Master Lan, I can't possibly leave the Wens.....", Lan Qiren stopped him with a raise of his hand. "What of them? Didn't you say that they are a family of healers? Let them live peacefully in their own area, give them back Dafan, and follow us to Cloud Recesses along with Young Lady Baixue."

Wei Wuxian smiled a hollow smile, "Old Master Lan, you think if I send them back to Dafan now, they won't be attacked? Who would let them live peacefully after the war? If that had been an option would Wen Qing have to have begged me to find Wen Ning? Would a woman full of pride have to bow down to me? Had the sects left them alone, would I have to have left Lotus Pier. A-Yuan is a child, I will not"

"He can go with you.", This time it was Wen Qing who spoke. She bowed to Lan Qiren as she spoke,"As long as, you assure me that my family won't be harmed in any way, Master Lan, Wen Yuan can go with Wei Wuxian and you. "

Lan Qiren nodded and spoke with unquestionable authority,"Lan guards will accompany you until the unrest settles. You can go ahead and rebuild Dafan. As for Wei Wuxian and the child, they will follow us to Cloud Recesses."

Wei Wuxian was about to protest but Jaing Wanyin beat him to it, Zidian crackling slightly on his finger, "Wei Wuxian is a part of the Yunmeng Jaing, if he is going to leave the Burial Mounds, Lotus Pier is where he should go. Why should he follow you Lans back to Gusu?"

Lan Wangji stood in front of Wei Wuxian shielding him from the glaring eyes of Sandu Shengshuo, "Wei Ying is no longer a part of your sect, Clan Leader. Neither is he formally a part of your family. It is up to him to decide where he wants to go and who he chooses to follow."

Wei Wuxian stared at the back of Lan Zhan's head, this man was the same that had pestered him to come back to Gusu with him countless times and yet now, when he literally had a chance to drag him back there, he actually wanted Wei Wuxian to choose where he wants to go?

Wei Wuxian's face softened at this gesture, before he could speak, Jaing Cheng spoke again, "And why do you think, he will choose you over his own home."

"Home?", Wei Wuxian questioned himself, "Was Lotus Pier ever my home?" He was lost at the thought of going back to Yunmeng. What use would he be now, he couldn't do anything to help his martial brother run the sect. He could not even explain to Jaing Cheng why he won't carry his sword anymore. Thinking of it, if he followed Lan Zhan to Cloud Recesses, he would probably be banned from using Resentful energy, locked up somewhere and would die peacefully after a few days. He knew, Lan Zhan would take care of A-Yuan, without having to protect the Wens, he had no purpose to live for.

"A-Xian", Jaing Yanli whispered to herself, she understood why Wei Wuxian would think that Lotus Pier wasn't his home. She remembered the last conversation that they had with his father. She smiled sadly, it was their own fault that he still had to think if he could call Yunmeng his home.

Wei Wuxian was reeled back into reality, when Jaing Cheng sneered, "What do you mean if it was your home? Didn't my father and sister love you enough? My parents even died because of you, what more do you want?"

Had he spoken it out loud?
Probably.
Wei Wuxian looked at Jaing Yanli and Jaing Cheng with emotionless eyes, he was about to say something, but this time, he was cut off by Lan Zhan, "Enough", he sounded furious. Wei Wuxian put his hand on Lan Zhan's shoulder stopping him from saying anything further. "It's OK Lan Zhan." He turned to look at Jaing Yanli and Jaing Cheng again and smiled, "Jaing Cheng, you are right. After everything, I can't possibly go back to Yunmeng with you, it's not appropriate for me to be there. I will just go to Cloud Recesses to sort this matter with Master Lan, after all, she is a disciple of my Grandmaster.", He pointed to Baixue.

Everybody looked at him in shock, nobody had actually expected that Wei Wuxian would agree to go back to Cloud Recesses after the havoc he had wrecked and the amount of times he had been punished for breaking their rules.

Lan Wangji noticed that the little light there was in Wei Ying's eyes mere minutes ago could no longer be seen. It looked like he had surrendered to his fate, just waiting for everything to be over. He was still smiling, but it did not reach his eyes. He did not like this look on Wei Ying. Wei Ying was supposed to a happy and cheerful person. This man standing in front of him was not the Wei Ying he knew and he vowed to bring the original lively personality back, no matter what it takes.

"So then, let us all move on.", Lan Qiren spoke as he turned to leave. Before really moving forward, he warned, "Clan Leader Jin, if I find out that you plan anything to harm the Wens I shall see to it that they are protected, even if it means waging war." His voice held a threat that not only Jin Guangshan but all the sects understood loud and clear.