Sorry

Percy POV 

I saw as Jason worked hard to make the Olympic games real. I was grateful that he had taken the load off Annabeth's shoulders, who was seeming distant these days. When I asked after her health, she put on a fake smile and told him that she was fine. I acted as if I believed her, and she thought I did; after all, I am Seaweed Brain. They all thought I believe them, but I am smarter than I look. 

I saw Piper glaring at me two days back. I have seen that Leo is trying to avoid me, and when we do meet he smiles a bit too much, and those smiles are fake. I have seen Jason scowling whenever I am around, and that is probably because of the swordfight. I had meant to apologise, but he looked uncomfortable and angry around me, so I hoped for it to settle. 

Jason was knocking at cabins and asking a question, and noting down the reply. He had asked all cabins except Annabeth's and mine. He looks hopeful and happy, but his eyes hold a calculating look that I've grown used to see in Annabeth's eyes. I was suspicious, but pushed it down when I noticed Jason talking to Malcolm and handing him a binder. After that he walked across the green to my cabin, at the doorway of which I was leaning with my arms crossed. 

Jason smiled, and this seemed real, though it wasn't necessarily directed at me. He asked, "Percy, may I come in?"

I was a bit startled. "Yeah, sure man" and I backed in. When Jason walked in, I couldn't help but notice that our height difference had increased a bit. His biceps bulged in his Camp t-shirt, and he looked... larger. 

"You been working out?", I asked. 

"Um, yes. A bit here and there. That's why I was leaving camp these days.", he seemed slightly flustered, but I waved that off. 

"So, Percy, as you know, I've been planning the Olympic games." 

I nodded and smiled. "Yeah, bro, thanks for taking that off Annabeth's shoulders. Really appreciate it"

His eyes narrowed for the fraction of a second, and then went back to normal. Huh. "Yeah, no problem. So, as I was saying, I am done with planning the events, and I asked around for the opinion of campers" 

I gestured for him to go on. He continued, "Most campers are unsure about the games. Their concerns ranged from safety to recognition and other things. The point is, I asked whether they would be willing to participate after a trial. They were interested, and I asked them for an opinion on competition between the children of the Big Three. They were quite excited."

Jason paused, letting that sink in. 

I counted on my fingers. "Hazel's in Camp Jupiter. Nico's in the Underworld. Thalia's with the hunt. So that leaves..." I pointed at him and at myself. 

Jason threw a lopsided smirk, which was rather uncharcteristic of him. "Why, scared, Jackson?"

I returned it, "You should be, Grace"

Jason grinned and seemed almost normal. Then I noticed the tightness of his shoulders. 

Ignoring that, I gave my consent. "I agree.  So what will this trial be..?"

Jason began to explain how the rules would be approved by Ol' Thunder Pants, since the games were sacred to him. He would declare the prize, and give his blessing to both of them. The sports were archery (I laughed hysterically at that), discus and javelin throw (I asked Jason if he would use his powers. He said we couldn't, since we had to swear an oath), wrestling and boxing (I may stand a chance here) and a stade (Jason wouldn't admit, but I'm more agile than him). The games would be quite real, so Jason didn't expect any large prizes. 

I thanked Jason for taking the initiative. As he was walking out, his words came back to me; Why, scared, Jackson?. It was how our swordfight had started. I ran up behind him and tapped his shoulder. He turned, and I got nervous. 

"Uh, Jason, I, uh", I bit my tongue, trying to compose myself. Jason waited patiently, but there was exasperation in his eyes. "I'm sorry Jason"

Jason stumbled a bit, as if slapped. Ignoring that like I had already ignored so much, I continued, "I didn't think before speaking. It was wrong on my part to make fun of you, and then to not silence the Ares cabin when they were mocking you. I hope you accept my apology." 

Jason still looked a bit dazed, but smiled. "Sure, Percy. Also, how much time do you require to train?" 

I thought about it for a bit and told him, "Three days. Let's do it at the first of July. Let Hera's month end." I mimed gagging at her name, and Jason laughed. A carefree laugh. Then he returned to that state and exited my cabin. Sighing sadly, I sat on my bed with my head in my hands, thinking what Jason could be plotting.