Ares

Since Chiron was not around, I only practiced swordfighting with Clarisse La Rue. I excused myself from the other lessons on pretext of planning the games, though writing down the rules had taken about 3-4 hours of my time. The rest was spent training with Ares. 

If I considered Zeus as my father, Ares was technically my half brother. He had appeared in my cabin the day I talked to Leo. 

"Jason-", he addressed me by name for the first time, and I felt respected, "-your father heard your plea. The son of Hephaestus is under his surveillance, though he hasn't done anything till now except being uneasy" 

I nodded, and he continued. "As for your training, I know you are fairly well at javelin throw and with the discus, and with Zeus' help you can take those off your plate. Swimming, well, you will manage on your own. I will teach you wrestling and boxing here. You can practice running for the stade outside camp. The stade will be 200 yards or something."

"My lord-", I began.

"Please, call me Ares. It's that punk who needs to show respect"

My hatred for Perseus flared, but I reined it. "Okay. Ares, how would I practice here? Isn't this place a bit tight for that?" 

"Oh, right" Ares snapped his fingers. Jason stared wide eyed as the room expanded, until it was as large as a ballroom. "How...", he stared awestruck. 

Ares just grunted. "It's like one of your sister's tents. It's normal on the outside. I will make it the original size after we're done" and just as Ares finished, training equipment appeared; a sparring ring, a punching bag, a circle of mud, like a flowerbed, for wrestling and much more. 

Ares smirked, "Let's start, eh?"

Ares was actually quite skilled. Jackson had described him as stupid and brawny, but Ares knew his techniques like the back of his hand. The two days were utilised to their potential, and Jason was able to pin Ares and force him into a corner quite easily. If he could do that to the god of war, what chance did Perseus stand? 

The practice for the stade required patience. He went out of camp borders after informing Piper to sprint between the 200 yard markers Ares had set up. At first, he got winded up and was drenched in sweat, but he built his stamina, and with the training he was already doing for the other sports, he got fairly fast. 

After two days of rigorous training, Jason was ready.