Telling Leo

A/N: I know there are a lot of Jason POVs, but this part is Jason-centred, and it's quite easy to write that way.

The next morning, after breakfast, Piper took me to Bunker 9. She explained how she had decided to include Leo as well. He needed to know what I was planning. Better to get him on our side than to let him be unaware, though I knew that Leo would remain neutral than support Percy. Leo didn't like how he was scared of Percy. 

Leo was tinkering with an Archimedes sphere when we arrived. The rest of the place was empty. The Hephaestus cabin had canoeing right now, but Leo had discovered something important, so he excused himself. When he saw us, he looked up and gave us his grin, the one that scared teachers. 

"Hello Beauty Queen and my Blonde Superman", he winked. I grimaced at the nickname, which had been given to me by Jackson. 

"Hi Fire Boy", Piper greeted him with her tongue stuck out. "Jason will tell you of what he's planning"

I took a deep breath. "It's Jackson"

As well as I knew Leo, I didn't know how he would react. He stood silently for a moment and said, "Oh, you mean Percy"

I dragged a hand down my face while Piper laughed. "No, Leo, we meant Michael"

Leo looked puzzled. "You holding a dance contest, Sparky?"

I sighed in exasperation and asked him, "Till how long have you been tinkering with this?"

He thought for a moment. "I would say 16 hours maybe?"

16 hours awake meant 4 cups of coffee. Of course he was like this. "Yes, Leo, it's about Percy"

I proceeded to voice my concerns (I'm not writing those again) as Leo listened quietly, which was very uncanny for him. 

At the end, Leo nodded. "You may be right. I mean, he says his fatal flaw is loyalty, then why does he forget his friends? He forgot to check on Calypso, and on that Titan, uh, Barbara?

"Bob"

"Yes, so what now?", Leo asked. "You need my help?"

I considered. "No, I have help actually" I recounted my conversation last night. "So, basically, I can beat him at this. I will need to research the rules of the six sports, and explain them to Jackson. I would also ask around for the campers' opinion of an Olympics, and they would be unsure. Then I would ask Percy if he could help me 'demonstrate' by participating and-" he shrugged in a self-explanatory way. 

Leo grinned. "So will it be like in the Ancient Greek way, 'cause those dudes ran around naked in the Olympics"

I turned red, but Piper even more so. "Leo!" she exclaimed.

He only grinned wider. "What, Pipes, you never seen him stripped?"

Piper punched him on the arm, and he winced, shutting up. 

"As to answer your question, no Leo. The customs will be modern in most ways. For example, boxing and wrestling would be held in a ring, with proper gloves in boxing. However, there won't be rounds, and the fight will go on till one the the opponents is incapacitated."

Leo nodded seriously. "So it will be pretty much a beating for Percy"

I was unsure about the change in Leo's mood, but he smiled. "Go big or go home, huh Jason?"

I was still not certain about Leo. Neverthless, I smiled back at him. "Leo, you know I am usually in a dilemma about such things. But I have decided and firmly hold to the fact that Percy is a dangerous influence. I interpret it as a sign from the Fates."

"I just need your support when I am offered the position.", I continued. "I have a feeling that the older campers will resist, but most of them would listen to reason.", I said. 

"I'll have your back, dude", Leo said. 

And as I walked out of Bunker 9, I sent a silent prayer to father; Father, I need you to look out for Leo. I have confided in him but I am unsure about where his loyalties lie. 

Lightning flashed nearby, and I took that as a yes.