Chapter 21 - "Guild"

Part of me just wanted to not mention any of this to Gramps, but vegetables are nothing but suffering for my enhanced taste.
It made me feel like a child asking for permission, when this was something I had to do.

Right now, no one has come expecting me to be hiding in a transformation.
But the instant people start suspecting it, everyone else around me will be in danger, not just me!

Gramps was busy giving the adventurer a bunch of threats if I get hurt.
I don't need that kind of protection...

After the lecture is over the trip could finally begin.

"Can't you fly us there faster?" Chase says, eyes lighting up to the idea of flying.

"I can't fly very well. But I don't mind letting you ride me there without flying." I offered.

"You really are a good dragon. No wonder that elder wants to tie me to a post if you so much as get a cut." The adventurer adds.

They weren't very heavy at all, it was easy to travel quickly in the direction indicated by the adventurer woman.
Soon enough we came across a small city, compared to the only other ones I knew of.

"This is Galewind, otherwise known as the adventurer's city." Raine described.

As we entered, we could see many of the pedestrians were wearing armor of some kind.
Most of them were adventurers, obviously.

It is rather close to the border with the dwarf kingdom, and the other two cities that produce Magisteel and magic tools, so I suppose this location makes sense as a hub for adventurers.

The guild building is probably the most pronounced place in the city, with the most traffic and decoration.

Raine guided us knowingly to the receptionist.

"What can I do for you this time?" The person behind the desk asks Raine, wondering why she's brought in two teens and a child.

"We came to request a job listing to be taken down." Raine answered.

"That's a very uncommon process... You'll have to bring that up with the manager of this branch. You came at a lucky time, since he's here now." The receptionist responded.

While they were going on about that, I was looking very out of place here and I could feel that I was getting some stares.
They really need to learn to keep their eyes to themselves!

We were brought into a back room with a man that looked about middle aged.
"So, you have a problem with one of the requests?"

"Yes, specifically regarding the dragon subjugation in Jora Village." She continued.
I wasn't sure, but I felt she was helping with this more for the two boys she's in charge of rather than for my sake.

"Well, I don't think I can do much about it without good reason or evidence, what problem do you have with it?" The manager questioned.

"The dragon isn't a threat to the village or the surrounding area, I, and the villagers themselves can attest to that."

"I'm sorry, but I don't think that's enough to have it removed. Dragons don't have the best reputation, and requests can be made to retrieve materials from the body, not just to secure safety of the surroundings." He explained.

"Is there no way?" Raine asked.

"Well, there is an old policy regarding the smarter species if they can be proved harmless. But it was mainly to avoid the intelligent species forming groups to become major threats in response. It will be a difficult task to prove that for a dragon, the only quick way would be if that dragon perhaps registered as an adventurer." He explained.