Chapter 19

Konnor Pov

After a few minutes of flying on Coredramon's back until we saw the outdoor amphitheatre with the girls walking towards it.

Konnor:Ready Coredramon?

Coredramon nodded then flew down.

Konnor:Hey girls!

They all looked up towards me and Coredramon and their faces lit up with shock as Coredramon landed.

Apple Jack: Konnor. Who is that?

Konnor: This is Dracomon's Digivolved form, Coredramon.

Coredramon:Hello again.

Mane 6/7:Woah!

Coredramon turned back into Dracomon as Agumon came out of my Digivice.

Fluttershy: Doesn’t anybody else think it’s strange that we’re the ones that made it to the finals?

Konnor: Equal as strange as rogue Digimon appearing at the same time as the finals. I mean we were fighting Digimon all over. Some even escaping back to the Digital world.

???:Very strange.

I turned to see who was talking and saw Trixie.

Rainbow Dash: What are you doing here, Trixie?

She said unamused. Then turned smiling mockingly, pointing toward seats.

Rainbow Dash:Pretty sure the losers are supposed to be up there in the cheap seats.

Konnor (😑):Dashie, don't rub her nose in it...

Trixie: (full ham mode) The Great and Powerful Trixie is the most talented girl at Canterlot High.

Konnor:Hate to cut you off, but is there a moment where you're not saying "The Great and Powerful Trixie"? I mean it becomes hella cleche.

My Digimon gave a chuckle knowing damn well that I was right.

Trixie:It is I who deserve to be in the final —and I will not be denied!

On those last two words, she snaps her fingers and her bandmates, one of whom has seized the end of a lever protruding from the floor. One good hard yank opens up a large trapdoor under the eight of us and my Digimon, dumping us screaming out of sight and leaving Applejack’s hat and a couple of loose pages of notes to flutter down after them.

Applejack: (from o.s.) Give it up, Rainbow Dash. (Cut to her.) You’ve been tryin’ at this for hours. It’s not gonna open.

Apple Jack said as Rainbow glares at the door.

Twilight: (softly) Maybe it doesn’t even matter that we’re trapped down here. I don’t think the counter-spell would’ve worked anyway. (Applejack turns to her with a smile.)

Applejack: ’Course it woulda worked, Twilight… (pointedly, in Rainbow’s direction) …assumin’ a certain band member didn’t try to hog the spotlight the whole time we were tryin’ to play it!

Rainbow: Hey! If you want to tell Twilight she’s getting a little too caught up trying to be the new leader of this band, you don’t have to be all cryptic about it.

Twilight backs fearfully away.

Rarity: She was talking about you, Rainbow Dash!

Rainbow: Me? I’m just trying to make sure my band rocks as hard as it needs to.

Applejack, Fluttershy, Pinkie, Rarity:OUR BAND!!

Agumon ran at the door trying to break it off its hinges with Dracomon. I heard beeping from my phone and then saw something that made me have a anxiety attack. Digimon of all levels and attributes walked the surrounding area heading for town.