Chapter 16

Konnor Pov

Hours later we bedroom whose yellow walls have clusters of balloons and stars painted onto them-Pinkie's room at home, no doubt. The seven girls are arrayed about in various sleepwear: two-piece pajamas for Twilight/Fluttershy/Sunset, one-piece "footie" pajamas for Applejack, nightgowns for Pinkie and Rarity, a long cloud/lightning-bolt T-shirt and sweat pants for Rainbow. All but Applejack wear slippers. As for activities: Twilight sits on the bed, writing in Fluttershy's notebook; Applejack and Rainbow are playing video games; Fluttershy pets Spike; Pinkie types at her laptop; Rarity checks her cell phone while Sunset watches. I watched the events unfold while watching the Digimon observed the girls.

Pinkie: Status update-"okey-dokey-lokey"!

As Fluttershy and Sunset gather in close around Rarity, she taps her phone and aims its screen toward the three of them. A flash, and she has snapped their picture-herself and Fluttershy smiling, Sunset sporting a broad grin, and Spike half-winking and holding up a dog biscuit in the background. Zoom in slightly on the shot, then cut to the three girls; Rarity grimaces mightily upon taking a good close look, then aims an icy glare in the canine's direction as the other two snicker silently, smirking as best he can around the half-chewed biscuit in his teeth. Meanwhile, the video game showdown continues apace; even without being able to see the screen, it quickly becomes clear that Applejack has gained the upper hand. Rainbow's frustration builds to the point that she smacks the console, instantly breaking the connection and clearing the screen. This last shot frames the box for their game, displaying a human version of the Mane-iac-the wild-haired villain that the Equestria crew faced in "Power Ponies."

Applejack: Hey! I was about to beat you!

Rainbow: (twirling controller) I doubt it. So, Twilight, how is that counter-spell coming? (Twilight, having zoned out, then snaps back)

Twilight: Huh? (riffling pages, clasping book to chest) Oh, uh, good. Great. (addressing herself) Thanks for letting me use your notebook, Fluttershy. I really like the song you wrote for the Rainbooms.

Fluttershy: (cuddling a doll) Thanks. (aside, with a sigh) Hopefully one day we'll get a chance to play it.

A bray of laughter from the Rainbow; having snatched away Applejack's controller and holding it out of the incensed farm girl's reach.

Applejack: Hey! (Rarity hops up to sit next to Twilight...)

Rarity: Twilight... (...who quickly hides the notebook behind her knees.) ...I think I speak for all of us when I say- (arm around shoulders) -I don't know what we would have done if you hadn't come back to help us.

Applejack, All other girls but Twilight: Darn tootin'!/Uh-huh!

The sound of the doorbell gets Pinkie on her feet in a tick.

Pinkie: Pizza's here!

Agumon: Come on Dracomon let's get the first slices.

My Digimon followed as I slowly got up and walked out the door. Hours later night has fallen, and a crescent moon hangs large and bright. I put my Digimon in my Digivice then laid on the couch staring at the sealing.

Twilight:No, that's not gonna work. (She rubs her eyes.

Sunset: Hey, Twilight.

I decided to get up since I genuinely couldn't sleep. I headed to the kitchen with my hands in my sleep pants pockets.

Konnor:Hey...

Sunset:You guys are up late.

Konnor: Understatement of the sentry.

I said leaning on the nearby wall.

Twilight: Just looking over the counter-spell. We only get one shot at this. It has to be perfect.

Sunset: (opening refrigerator) We really are lucky you're here Twilight.

The shelves are packed with aerosol cans.

Twilight: (glumly) That's what everyone keeps telling me.

Sunset: (puzzled) Who could possibly need this much whipped cream?

Konnor: Only Pinkie Pie...

Sunset: (with slight bitterness) Must be nice to have everyone always looking to you for answers to their problems... (getting a can, squirting cream onto a finger) ...instead of waiting for you to cause a problem.

Twilight: Just because everyone expects something from you, doesn't mean it's guaranteed to happen.

Sunset: But that doesn't stop them from expecting it.

Twilight: Which only makes things harder because the last thing you want to do is-

Twilight, Sunset: -let everybody down.

Konnor:At least you two don't feel out of place in world that isn't your own with powers and creatures that you thought were fictional.

Both: What do you mean?

I sighed frustrated but knew these two would probably understand better than the others would.

Konnor: I'm not from this world, or Equestria. I'm from a world that conceived the idea of all of you and the worlds you live in.

This information shocked the two.

Konnor:But almost a month or so of being here everything kinda clicked in place feeling less like fiction and more like reality. Everything but me...

They remained quiet as I continued.

Konnor:I feel like a wolf in sheep's clothes in a world that doesn't belong to me.

Sunset: That... Must be painful.

Konnor: You have no idea.

They got quiet again with Sunset walking over to me and putting her hand on my shoulder in caring manner. Just then we heard a cabinet door open. I looked up nearly shitting myself at the sight of Maud Pie.

Maud: Boulder was hungry.

Reaching up to open a cupboard, she brings out a box of crackers and proceeds to pour the contents over Boulder, “feeding” it. Sunset backs gingerly up to the island, and she and Twilight watch uncomprehendingly as Maud walks off, still dumping and scattering the food.

Sunset: I still can’t get over the fact that she’s related to Pinkie Pie!

Twilight: (smiling) You and me both.

I looked at the Digimon following the girls, they seemed to converse with each other a bit before turning to me.

Sunset: I better get some sleep. Good luck with the counter-spell— (walking off) —not that you’ll need it. This must be nothing compared to the stuff you’re expected to deal with as a princess in Equestria.

Twilight: Sunset Shimmer?

The other girl stops at the doorway and looks back, but Twilight can get no words out; instead she stitches on a big smile and waves herself off.

Twilight: Never mind. It’s not important.

Konnor:I better hit the sack as well. I'll try to figure out what the Digimon that are following you girls tomorrow.

Twilight:All right... Good Night.

 Good Night