Chapter 10

Konnor Pov

Celestia:…but by inspiring others to stand with her. (She crowns Twilight; pan to frame the other five as well. Applejack’s hat is back on.) We have all seen that you are capable of just that. I hope you see it too… (She kneels down and gently lifts Twilight’s chin.) …Princess Twilight.

The junior Princess thinks this over for a second, then smiles and nods.

Twilight: I do.

The moment they stand up, cheers erupt from the crowd, startling her almost to the point of jumping clear of her new wings.

Celestia:As for you Konnor.

Konnor (under his breath):Oh crap...

Celestia:By protecting those who needed it. I'm allowing both of your...

She looks at Omedamon as if she was looking for the word, that is until I spoke up.

Konnor: Digimon. They're called Digimon.

Celestia: Digimon right...I'm allowing both of your Digimon on campus without repercussions as long as they behave themselves.

Konnor:Thank you ma'am.

I turned to Omedamon who de Digivolved into Koromon and Babydmon. I hugged my Digimon partners happily.

Rainbow Dash:Hey Konnor...

I turn around, finding the athlete holding out her hand almost nervously towards me.

Rainbow Dash: Would it be cool if I asked you for a dance?

I blush in embarrassment and shock unsure on what how to answer. Babydmon flew out of my arms and shoved me towards Rainbow Dash.

Konnor:S-sure...!

She leads me inside which was a little hard because she could fly now and I couldn't, but I managed. She and I danced for a bit in the gym. My dance moves were utter dog shit in honesty, but I wasn't the only one Twilight had some pretty bad dance moves herself which made me feel a little more confident. Rainbow then flew around the gym with Scootaloo as Koromon, Babydmon, and I watched. Though after a bit one of the kids called the mane 6 together and Rainbow Dash pulled me over as well with Koromon on my head and Babydmon latched onto my shoulder. Soon we had our picture took. Sadly like all great moments it didn't last forever, Twilight Sparkle had to leave.

Twilight: You’ll look out for her, won’t you?

Rarity:Of course we will. Although I do expect some sort of apology for last spring’s debacle.

Twilight:I have a feeling she’ll be handing out a lot of apologies.

Konnor:Way more than you think.

I said with a bit of a snicker.

Spike: We better get going.

Twilight: I know we’ve only been friends for a short time—

During this line, cut to a slow pan across said friends, mingled happiness and sorrow on every face. Even my face held a mix of emotions.

Twilight: —but I’m gonna miss all of you so much.

The smile stretched across her own cheeks has a quality that suggests she is only using it to keep from crying. She holds it for a long second or two, then lets it go with an exhalation from the bottom of her lungs and turns toward the school statue. As she walks slowly toward it with a more tranquil smile, Spike scurries up to keep pace. As she leaves through the statue a odd light flicked in the sky and on the others. I watched the tip of the statue glow a bit until a small dark gray object glowing floated towards me. It was a tag and crest of some kind, and it went around my neck.

Rarity:What is it?

Konnor:A tag and crest from the Digital World I think, but it came from the statue so I don't know.

I looked down at my crest and saw it was yin and yang with a dinosaur footprint and a dog paw print in each.