Chapter 11

Konnor Pov

It's almost been a month or so since Sunset Shimmer and Beelzemon did their number on the school. In that time more and more Digimon have appeared causing more damage to the school as well as the surrounding area. My Digimon and I found it harder to keep up, so I decided to hang out with the girls until I could get a new plan of action. I entered the music room with Koromon who just became Agumon and Babydmon who just became Dracomon at my side.

Rainbow Dash:Hey Konnor glad you could make it. How has it been fighting the Digimon?

Konnor:To put it in one word... Poorly.

Rarity:Oh dear...

Agumon:Yeah. With the Digimon slipping between this world destroying all they can before disappearing heading back to the Digital World, we haven't seen much action.

Dracomon: Yeah...

Sunset Shimmer: Do you guys think Beelzemon is behind that by chance?

Konnor:No, but that doesn't mean I haven't rolled out the possibility.

Fluttershy:I thought you said you might have changed something in him.

Konnor:I did say say that, but after all these attacks I'm not so sure.

Everyone got quiet for a moment. I felt someone put their hand on my shoulder.

Apple Jack:All that matters is that you tried Sugar Cube.

Hearing those words from Apple Jack made me smile a bit, but I still held my failures close to my heart.

Apple Jack:There we go!

A few minutes later we were in the cafeteria talking with Sunset Shimmer.

Applejack: So? How was the tour?

Sunset: (propping head in one hand, elbow on table) I don’t know. I mean, these girls, they were…

We sat quietly to give Sunset the time to find her words.

Sunset: …there was something off about them.

Pinkie: Like, off like this? Or off like this? Or, oh, oh! Like—

On the first “this,” she pulls a tuft of her own hair around to cover her face like a beard and mustache. For the second one, she switches to a pair of lettuce-leaf eyebrows and two carrots shoved up under her upper lip like tusks. Rainbow’s next words cut her off before the masquerade can get any sillier.

Rainbow: Maybe we should just let her tell us? (One carrot falls back to Pinkie’s tray)

Sunset: That’s just it. I can’t put my finger on it. They just acted sort of…strange around me. (slightly alarmed) Maybe someone already talked to them—told them about what I did. (sighing) So much for making a good first impression.

She puts her head on table. We all gave concerned looks from all others except maybe Pinkie.

Fluttershy: (suddenly smiling) Uh-huh. (Those looks transfer themselves to her.) Oh! That’s probably not it.

Dracomon: Fluttershy is right. They've barely been here for a day, and I doubt that event travels that fast.

Agumon nods in agreement with Dracomon's comment.

As they sang I noticed two dark blue static like figures behind the the three singers. I kept my shut, that way I didn't cause a panic.

Pinkie: Ohhhh! They’re that kind of off!

Minutes later we were in lobby; the seven of us enter from a side hall and cross, Rainbow messing with a soccer ball and Pinkie skipping merrily along as other students while away the moment.

Sunset: Those three are definitely in possession of some kind of dark magic. (Now they are in a hall leading away from the lobby.) How else could you explain what happened back there?

Konnor:Guys they had Digimon with them as well.

Applejack: Don’t worry, y’all. We let Principal Celestia know all about this, and those girls’ll be kicked to the curb in no time. Last thing she needs is another CHS event almost ruined by some power-crazed lunatic.

Applejack: Uh, no offense.

Sunset: (sighing) None taken.

Later we were in the principals office talking to Principal Celestia and Principal Luna.

Celestia: (very skeptically) Dark magic and Digimon? I find that very hard to believe.

(On the second half of this, the camera pans slightly to follow her sidewise glance toward the six girls gathered at a short distance behind her. Cut to inside the room, her office; standing at the window, she lets go of the blinds and turns toward them. Luna stands off to one side.)

Celestia: (crossing to her desk, sitting behind it) Those girls came into my office earlier and were absolutely delightful. (Luna lets off a mild scoff.)

Luna: Perhaps Sunset Shimmer is just eager to make someone else out to be a bad element, so that her actions at the Fall Formal will become old news.

On these last two words, cut to an incredulous Sunset.

Sunset: (nervously, scratching back of neck) I could see why you might think that, but— (Rainbow leans over in front of her and across the desk.)

Luna:And Konnor, how do we know you're not just going off what rumors Sunset Shimmer has started.

My eyes went wide in disbelief. Principal Celestia, the one who let my Digimon run around without a panic from the students is calling me a lier.

Rainbow: That’s not what’s happening. We saw all of this go down in the cafeteria too!

Neither of the two officials are buying it.

Celestia: Yes, but isn’t your band supposed to be part of the Musical Showcase?

Rainbow: (reluctantly) Yes?

Luna: Perhaps you’re all just worried that the Dazzlings will steal your spotlight.

Applejack: (puzzled) The Dazzlings?

Celestia: It’s the name of their musical group. That’s why they came by my office earlier, to sign up for the Showcase. (Her perspective of the girls, panning slowly across.) Even sang a little song to Vice-Principal Luna and I.

Applejack: They did? (Close-up of Celestia; zoom out slowly to frame Luna standing alongside.)

Celestia: Yes. And we think having a Battle of the Bands instead is a marvelous idea.

Their eyes shined almost a dark green.