Chapter 8

Konnor Pov

The mane 6 and I arrived at the dance in a limo which was fucking awesome, because I never in my life got to see the inside one of these. Minutes later we were in the gym, the girls were dancing while I was off to the side just nodding my head to the music.

Twilight: Anybody seen Sunset Shimmer?

Rainbow: Maybe she was too embarrassed to show. She's gotta know you won by a landslide.

Twilight: (not convinced) Maybe.

Koromon stuck his head out of my bag a bit.

Konnor: What is it buddy? Don't tell me you need food.

Koromon looked at me worried.

Koromon:A very strong Digimon is nearby...

Hearing those words kinda put me on edge. Up on the stage, the band finishes and I looked to Celestia walking on from the wings. The techie at the soundboard turns down the volume and everyone clears off as she steps up; even without a microphone, her voice easily carries over the crowd, which falls silent.

Celestia: First off, I want to say how wonderful everything looks tonight. You all did a magnificent job pulling things together after the unfortunate events of earlier. (gesturing to one side) And now, without further ado...

Luna steps into view carrying a wooden strongbox.

Celestia:...I'd like to announce the winner of this year's Fall Formal crown.

The lid is opened on the end of this, revealing Twilight's genuine tiara inside. She and Rainbow watch with wide eyes-the former apprehensive, the latter smiling-and Luna hands an envelope to Celestia.

Celestia: The Princess of this year's Fall Formal is...

Rainbow: (under her breath) Oh, man, this is so awesome!

The seal is broken and a card withdrawn.

Celestia: ...Twilight Sparkle!

There follows a round of hugs among the six and cheers from all present, during which Snips and Snails sneak into the gym. Both have donned black top hats; Snips wears a tuxedo-patterned shirt, Snails a giant red bow tie over his usual outfit. Twilight crosses the stage to Celestia, who takes the tiara from Luna's box.

Celestia: (lowering the crown toward Twilight's head) Congratulations, Twilight.

Her five friends can barely keep their emotions in check, and Twilight waves gratefully to them and everyone from the stage. The noise dies off abruptly.

Spike: Twilight! HEEELLLP!!

Twilight: Spike?

The growling-mad little dog is now in the grip of Snips, who tips a nasty wink before he and Snails clear out. To Spike's credit, though, he nearly gets loose, losing his hat and tie, and has to be briefly restrained by both boys as they go.

Twilight: (jumping off stage, running across gym) They've got Spike!

Bursting out into the hall, she follows the two delinquents through one turn, but skids out on the next and hits the lockers. A quick look back tells her that the rest of the crew is on the way, prompting her to get back in the chase. Snips and Snails race past Trixie at the vending machine, the six girls barely missing her as they charge by, and make it out of the building. Outside, Twilight bursts through the fire doors, catches sight of the dognappers rounding a corner, and follows them across the lawn. Cut to ground level, the camera positioned next to the base of the statue, as Snips and Snails come around the final turn and head toward it. When Twilight and company start to close in, though, Sunset's flame-tipped boots plant themselves firmly next to the masonry. Tilt up to her waist, framing the end of a handle or shaft in one hand, then the girls-including a suddenly surprised Twilight.