Chapter 13: A Challenge ( Short )

A few days have passed since Vi and Mitch first became partners, the two of them slowly began forming a bond with each other, and the two were now currently chasing down a glitch that resembled a cheetah, Mitch was driving and Strawberry was sitting in the back in a pink mobile car seat that the duo had got for her, Vi was trying to aim a freeze blast at the glitch through of her open window.

Vi: ( to Mitch: ) Down to the right! The right!

Mitch: I know, I know! Will you just let me drive!

Strawberry just happily sat in her car seat while the two techs bickered with each other.

Vi: Well, drive better, Hotshot! I can't get a clear shot!

Mitch growled in frustration, before he smiled as he had an idea.

Mitch: How fast can Omen run?

Vi: He can out run a train. Why?

Mitch and Vi then glanced at each other before Vi smiled as she seemed to know what Mitch was thinking.

Vi: Keep surprising me, Williams, and you might earn yourself less training sessions. Once I summon Omen, pull over, he'll bring the glitch to us like a normal house cat does when it brings it's owner its kill.

Vi then began scrolling through her gauntlet's screen as Mitch continued to drive, who had a hidden nervousness in his eyes as he spoke to the combat specialist without taking his off the glitch.

Mitch: I kinda have something else in mind...

Vi then summoned Omen outside the moving van, and the giant cat quickly began running beside them.

Vi: ( to Omen while pointing to the glitch: ) Omen, capture.

Omen meowed in response before he began chasing after the glitch and the feline quickly became hot on the glitch's tail, and Mitch stopped the van as soon as he saw Omen getting close to the glitch.

Vi: ( to Mitch: ) Really? I thought you would love the chance to get out of two weeks of training sessions.

Mitch: How about going out for smoothies together after work.

Vi froze for a second in response to what Mitch said, but once she processes what Mitch said, she turned to him with a slight smile.

Vi: Is this you trying to get me to drink something other than energy drinks or are you actually asking me out for smoothies, Mitch Williams?

Mitch: Maybe it's a little bit of both, Vi Violet.

Strawberry looked between the two from her car seat with a cute, clueless smile and her tail wagging, when Omen came back carrying the glitch with his teeth like a kitten without the two techs noticing.

Vi: And you think you can surprise me enough to earn that?

Mitch: Is that a challenge?

Vi: ( playfully: ) Maybe...

Omen growls angrily, gaining the two techs' attention, causing both of their faces redden in response to their conversation.

Vi: W-Well. We should take care of that glitch, huh?

Mitch: Yeah.

The two techs then got out of the van, leaving the small pink fox-bunny companion pet inside.

Strawberry looked at the audience and cutely tilts her head to the side.

______________________________________________________________________________________

That's it for this chapter, I hope you like it

Feel free to comment on if you think Mitch will win the little challenge, and if so, what do you think he'll do that'll surprise Vi enough to earn that smoothie date.

Till next time my agents of mischief 😜