Chapter 3: Part of a Team? ( Part 2 )

Vi was now at the headquarters, and was put on register duty with Zahra and Haneesh for the rest of the day. Much to Zahra and Haneesh's surprise, Vi seemed to handle it and the customers a lot better than they expected.

One of the customers looked at Vi as she handed them the gaming console they bought.

Customer: ( to Vi: ) No, way. You look a lot like Viola Valiant from MoonHeart Rebellion. You even have a star tattoo of her birthmark!

Zahra and Haneesh shared a confused glance while Vi didn't to be fazed by the customer's compliment.

Vi: ( calmly, and blankly with a slight smile: ) Uh-huh. Have a nice day, and come again soon.

When the customer left, Zahra and Haneesh turned to Vi with curious looks.

Zahra: What was that about?

Vi: ( shrugs ) No clue. Apparently I look like a character in a game or something.

( After work )

Vi was now in her casual outfit and went outside with her helmet in her arms as she walked to her motorcycle, ignoring Miko, Five, and Zahra when they tried to talk to her.

She had a hidden sadness in her eyes as she got on her motorcycle and drove off.

Vi: ( thoughts: ) It's for the best that you don't grow attached, Vi. This is only temporary, like always. Once they all grow tired of you, you will just get sent out to another store, like they always do.

( The next day )

Vi went into work and into the headquarters to see her fellow techs arguing with each other, except for Bergy and Five, Five was trying to calm everyone down while Bergy was hiding behind a couch.

Vi then walked over to Phil who was standing by BITT's desk eating a doughnut.

Vi: ( to Phil, while watching the arguing techs: ) Permission to intervene?

Phil: ( shrugs ) Why not.

Vi then went up to the arguing techs and gained their attention with a loud whistle.

Vi: Alright, can someone explain to me why you all are arguing with your comrades in arms?

Everyone then started talking to Vi at the same time and continued to argue while Five continues to try to calm everyone down as Bergy stays hiding behind the couch, Vi just blankly looked at all of them with her arms crossed.

Vi: ( sighs in annoyance ) ( silently to herself: ) Go to Bailey, they said. Socialize with the other techs, they said. You'll never have to play sergeant to a bunch of teenagers when you come back from fighting glitches, they said. Oh, for the love of my father. That's it. ( Shouts, loudly: ) ALRIGHT!

Everyone quickly stopped what they were doing and looked at Vi.

Vi: One at the time... Let's start with start with Zahra.

Zahra: It's all Nix's fault!

Nix: Me?! If anyone's to blame it's Miko, I thought she was joking when she said she was going to charge in!