Chapter 7: Learning a Bit About Vi

Mitch, Miko, Five, Zahra, and Haneesh walked into the smart room as they had come back from cleaning the mess that the causer glitch had made. The doors of the smart room quickly slammed shut behind them, and they quickly saw Vi standing in front of them, with the small glitch happily cradled in her right arm while Vi's other arm was behind her back as the combat specialist gave the five techs a stern glare like a general glaring down at his troops.

Vi: Welcome to your first day of Combat Training, Dalcops. Soon you'll wish this was your last, as I do not stand for any funny business or sass talk of any kind.

Mitch: Why is the little pink destroyer glitch still here?

Vi: This is my new companion pet, Strawberry. I've only had her for a few hours, and if something bad happens to her, I will kill you all, kill my own father and all nine of my older siblings, then myself in the matter of twenty seconds.

The small glitch, which is now revealed to be named " Strawberry ", cooed happily as she began playing with Vi's hair, making Zahra, Miko, and Five awe at the pink glitch's cuteness while Haneesh had a scared look in his while Mitch just raised his brow at Vi.

Vi: Now. I'll be training all five of you the combat skills that will keep you alive in the battlefield, like how I was taught.

Vi then snapped her fingers, and their surroundings transformed into what looked like a battle arena, all five techs had shocked looks on their faces as a giant cat-like creature made out of wood and stone appeared behind Vi and growled at them.

Miko: ( gestures to the giant glitch standing behind Vi, in disbelief: ) This is how you learned to fight?!

Vi: This week's sessions I will be teaching you all how to take down a glitch without needing a weapon. So buckle up, buttercups. ( With a serious smile on her face: ) Because today you cowards become warriors!

The monster glitch then roared angrily at the five techs, and was about to move forward to attack, but it stopped when Vi gave it a stern glare as she hadn't given it the command to begin yet.

Mitch: ( thoughts: ) This noob is crazy.

Vi: ( to the five techs, with a serious expression: ) I know that when in a fight against a glitch, most of you fight with the motivation to survive or if you a certain hot-shot that says " Boosh ", reputation.

Miko, Five, Zahra, and Haneesh quickly looked at Mitch when Vi said the last part of her sentence, Mitch just gave her a smug look in response.

Mitch: At least I have one.

Vi: ( to Mitch, with a glare: ) Congratulations, Hot-shot. You're going first. Now... ( To all five techs, with a serious expression: ) But that's not your enemy's motivation, most of the glitches I've faced are driven by their detestation, their every step stoked with animus. You need a different type of motivation to win a fight, or there's no way any of you would survive in the battlefield.

Vi then placed Strawberry down and she swiftly slid the small glitch to the five techs before Vi snapped her fingers, and the monster glitch began trying to attack the combat specialist, but she just calmly dodged each of its attacks with ease and a stern expression. The five techs watched in awe while Strawberry watched Vi with a cute smile on her face.

Vi: ( to the five techs, as she dodged her opponent's attacks with ease: ) You'll only stand a chance of survival if you're out for love!