Lovely Cynthia

YEAR: 1970

"John..."
"What are ye doin back here Cyn?"
"Julian wanted to come back to Liverpool, he got sick of Spain,"
"Can-Can I see him?"
"John, he hates ye,"
"Why?"
"CAUSE YE FUCKIN IGNORED HIM! YE WERE NEVER A FATHER TO HIM! I MEAN FOR GOD SAKE PAUL WAS MORE OF A FATHER TO HIM THEN YE WERE!"
"I know, I'm sorry,"
"No yer not, now leave me alone,"
She began walking away from John, but John wanted to talk to her, he hadn't seen her or Julian in nearly 5 years.
"Please Cyn, let me at least see him for 5 minutes," he whimpered.
"Fine, but only for 5 minutes,"
"Thank ye," he gave her a hug.
"Don't touch me,"
"Sorry," he smiled, "so where do ye live?"
"Our old apartment, it's all I can afford at the moment,"
"Do ye want me to buy ye a-"
"NO!"
"Cyn, I'm just tryin to help,"
"I don't need yer help,"
They contiuned walking to her apartment, it was a very long and awkward walk.
"Do ye still love me Cyn?"
"What kind of question is that?"
"Ye kept my last name,"
"Yeah, cause I didn't want to go back to Powell. I know this is ridiculous to ask, and I think I already know the answer, but I'm gonna ask it anyway," she stopped and turned to him, "did ye ever love me?"
"At one point, yes I did, very much," they contiuned walking.
"Then why did ye cheat on me?"
"Lost intrest, stopped lovin ye,"
"That's what every ex-wife wants to hear,"
"Well ye asked and I answered,"
"John what do ye even see in Yoko?"
"Perfection," they stopped in front of the buliding, "we're here," he whispered.
"Yep," she opened the door and walked to the lift. When it got to the first floor they stepped inside and rode it up to the thrid floor, where her apartment was. "Okay John, stay outside for a few minutes, so it won't be weird when ye walk in."
"Alright,"
When they stepped off the lift they walked to her door and opened it. As soon as she stepped in she was welcomed by Julian.
"MUMMY!" he ran over to her and hugged her.
"Hey Jules, how were ye?"
"Fine, like always,"
"Good, I knew I could trust ye. Yer such a good kid,"
"Thanks mum," he smiled.
"So Jules, where do ye wanna go for dinner?"
"I dunno," he said sitting back down on the couch.
"What are ye drawin?" she asked.
"Nothin,"
"Can I see?"
"NO!" he pulled his drawing off the coffee table, "YE CAN SEE IT WHEN ITS DONE!" he cried.
"Alright," she chuckled. At this point, John thought it would be the right time to walk in...so he did. When he entered the apartment he shut the door behind him and Julian swung his head around to see who walked into the apartment.
"Mum, who's that?"
"Ye don't remember me?" John laughed. Julian pouted and shook his head no. "I'm yer dad...John Lennon,"
"Dad..." Julian whispered. John nodded and gave him a small smile.
"I missed ye Jules and if yer mum will let me, maybe I could spend more time with ye,"
"Alright John, that's enough,"
"What?"
"It's time for ye to leave," she said, pushing him out.
"But mum-" she cut Julian off.
"Jules, just go to yer room for a few minutes,"
"But-"
"Go!"
"Okay," he whispered as he got up from the couch. As soon as he closed his door, Cynthia released all hell onto John.
"YE COME INTO MY FUCKIN HOUSE AND TRY TO TAKE MY FUCKIN SON BACK! FUCK YOU!"
"YER FORGETTIN HE'S MY SON TOO!"
"YE NEVER FUCKIN ACTED LIKE HE WAS! I DON'T EVEN THINK YE LOVED HIM!"
"WELL I DID CYN AND I FUCKIN LOVE HIM AND MISS HIM!"
"Then ye should have showed it," she began crying, "I mean John, ye gave him to me without a fight. Ye just said, fuck everythin, take this fuckin thing, fuck ye Cyn!"
"I DID NOT SAY THAT!
"WELL THAT'S WHAT I HEARD!"
"Ye didn't want him either...did ye,"
"Of course I did, I just didn't think I could support him,"
"YE GOT HALF MY MONEY!"
"AND THAT WENT TOWARDS MOVIN THERE AND BACK!"
"SO DI YE WANT MORE!"
"NO JOHN I DON'T WANT ANYMORE OF YER FUCKIN MONEY!"
As the two were fighting, there was a knock at the door. Cynthia pushed John aside and opened the door. A smile creeped onto her face when she saw who it was. "Lucy," she walked out and hugged her. "Wow, yer not my skinny little Lucy anymore,"
"My kid did a number on me," she nervously laughed.
"So how did ye know I was back?"
"Jules just called, I only live about 10 minutes away. He sounded like he was cryin, so I came as fast as I could,"
"How did he get yer number?"
"Well Cyn, there's this wonderful thing called a phone book,"
"Oh sod off diamonds,"
"Fuck, I thought I shook that nickname," she laughed.
"Well ye didn't," John said, as he walked into Lucy's view.
"Yer the fuckin reason Jules is cryin!" she yelled as she walked inside. When she got close enough her slapped him across the face.
"OW! FUCK OFF!" he yelled as he slapped her back.
Lucy fell to the floor and became short of breath.
"Fuck ye! Yer an asshole!" She stood back up and stormed into Julian's room. She walked over to him and picked him up. "Yer comin with me Jules,"
"YE CAN'T TAKE MY FUCKIN SON!" John yelled. Lucy ignored him and walked over to Cynthia.
"Do ye mind if he stays with me for a few days?"
"No, not at all. Just get him out," Cynthia said, quickly trying to push them out so John wouldn't hurt anyone else.
"WHY DID YE LET HER TAKE HIM!" He yelled while hitting Cynthia.
"John please stop," she cried.
"ANSWER ME!" He hit her again, "WHY DID YE LET HER TAKE HIM!" She refused the answer him. "YER FUCKIN WORTHLESS CYN! YER A PIECE OF SHIT THAT NO ONE WILL EVER LOVE!"
"STOP IT!" She weakly cried from the floor.
"Ye just want me to stop cause ye know it's true!"
"JULIAN LOVES ME! NOT YE! LET IT GO!" She stood up and spit in his face. John hit her one more time, which caused her to fall once more.
"Fuck you," he snarled as he walked out of the apartment. She waited for a few minutes just to make sure John was gone. After she waited, she slowly picked herself off the floor and made her way outside to the lift. When she rode down to the first floor, she walked over to her car, got in, and began driving. About 20 minutes later she was at my house. She wobbled up to the front door and began banging on the door.
"I'm comin, I'm comin, calm down," I opened the door and my jaw dropped to the floor. "Cynthia..."
"Hi Michelle, may I -" I cut her off by stepping outside and giving her a hug.
"I missed ye," tears began streaming down my face.
"I missed ye too,"
I pulled her off of me and looked at her. Her face and arms were all bruised, her make up was running, and she cheeks were stained with tears.
"Come in, ye need to get cleaned up,"
I pulled her in and began walking to the kitchen to grab a small bag of ice.
"Do ye mind if I go in the livin-"
"DON'T GO IN THERE!"
"Why not?"
I walked back into the corridor.
"Paul's been really depressed since the band broke up. I've been tryin to make him feel better, but it's just not workin," I let out a sigh, "Martha couldn't even cheer him up,"
"I'm sorry for askin, but who's Martha?"
"Our dog," I sighned again, "c'mon, follow me, let's get ye cleaned up,"
I began walking up the stairs, Cynthia slowly followed.
"I love what ye did with the house,"
"Thanks," I whispered.
"Mummy, who's with ye?" Heather said, skipping into the bathroom.
"Heather, this is yer aunt-"
"CYNTHIA!" She exclaimed while running into her arms. Cynthia had a hard time catching her, considering she was so weak at the moment.
"Heather, she isn't feelin well, why don't ye go in my room and watch the telly with Mary and Stella,"
"Why can't I go downstairs?" she pouted.
"Cause daddy wants to be left alone,"
"Why? What's wrong?"
"He stopped makin music, so he's upset. Now please go in my room."
"Alright," she slowly walked out and joined her sisters in the master bedroom.
"Ye have three kids?" Cynthia asked as I ran a washcloth under warm water.
"Yeah, I do. Heather, Mary, and Stella,"
"How old are they?" she asked as I began wiping the dry blood off her face.
"Well, Heather's turing 8 this year, Mary's turing 6, and Stella just turned 3,"
"Wow, I've missed so much,"
"But yer back now, ye missed all the drama," I finished cleaning her up and placing the bag of ice on her head. "There," I gave her a smile. "Hey Cyn,"
"Yeah?"
"Would ye mind if Jules stayed here instead of stayin with Lucy,"
"I woudn't mind at all," she smiled.
"Alright, I'll give Lucy a call," Cynthia walked out if the bathroom made a call on the phone in the master bederoom. I followed her in to check on the kids. "Hey girls," I started, "how would ye like it if Julian stayed with us for a few days?"
"I'd love that!" Heather exclaimed.
"Who's Julian?" Mary asked.
"My son," Cynthia smiled, waiting for Lucy to pick up.
"And who are ye?" Mary was still confused.
"They're old friends," I told her, still frowning.
"Lucy will be here in a few," Cynthia said hanging up thet phone.
"Auntie Lucy's comin over?" Heather asked.
"Only for a few minutes," I said patting Heather's back.
"Okay,"
"Mum,"
"Yeah Stel?"
"Can I see daddy?"
"No, not yet,"
"Then when?"
"Not for a while sweet pea,"
"Oh..."
"I'm sorry,"
"It's not yer fault mummy," she smiled and leaned in to give me a hug. As she hugged me, the doorbell rang.
"I got it," I said, standing up from the bed. I ran downstairs to answer the door, because I knew that Paul wouldn't do it. I opened the door and found Lucy olding Julian's hand and Julian holding an overnight bag. "Hey Luc, I got him," I grabbed Julian's bag and gave Lucy a fake smile.
"Have fun Jules,"
"Kay auntie Lucy," he gave her a hug goodbye and I took his hand and led him to his 'room'. As I was leading Julian to where he'd be staying, he saw Cynthia in my room. He ran to her and began crying. "Mummy, what happened to ye?"
"Daddy hurt me, I don't want ye near him...okay?"
"Okay, I won't go near daddy," she hugged him tighter as he cried into the crook of her neck.
"Hi Julian," Heather said while tapping on his shoulder.
"Hi Heather,"
Julian let go of Cynthia and gave Heather a big hug.
"I missed ye," she smiled.
"I missed ye too," he blushed.
"HEATHER'S GOT A BOYFRIEND!" Mary taunted.
Heather just stood there blushing.
"Alright," I chuckled, "Julian, come with me, I'll show ye to yer room,"
"Kay aunt Michelle," He grabbed my hand and we began walking through the house. A few rooms down Julian stopped at Heather's room. "This is my room!"
"No, that's Heather's room,"
"I was my room,"
"I bet it was," I chuckled. We kept walking, I led him down the stairs, to see Paul. "Hey Paulie..."
"What?" he asked with a tierd slur.
"I found someone, that ye might wanna see,"
"I don't wanna see anyone Mich,"
I walked Julain into the living room. There were beer cans, wine and liquor bottles everywhere.
"Watch out for all the bottles," I whispered.
"Kay," he whispered back, looking at the ground, watching his every step. When he looked up, his eyes were beaming with joy. "UNCLE PAUL!"
Paul looked up and his face lit up like a christmas tree. He stood up from the couch, picked Julain up, and gave him a hug.
"Jules, I missed ye so much!"
"I missed ye too Uncle Paul,"
I smiled and slowly walked out of the room. I walked back upstairs and told the kids to get ready for bed. It didn't take long, considering they were all tired. After I got all the kids to sleep and got Cynthia settled in the guest room, I went back downstairs to get Julian to bed. When I walked back into the living room I saw Paul and Julain talking.
"I don't think ye need a band," Julian happily said.
"Oh really?" Paul chuckled.
"Yeah, I think ye can do it all yer self!"
"Ye know Jules, thats not a bad idea,"

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ 5 months later ~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Cynthia had recovered from her beating, so she decided to move back to her apartment with Julian.

Paul had come out with a new album that he did all by himself. He played all the instruments, every, single, one. He was doing very well for his first solo album. But not long later, John came out with an album, mocking Paul, but we just letit slid, because it didn't do nearly as well as Paul's album. But Paul knew that he couldn't play every instrument on every albm, so he decided to form a band.

One night, Stella was sick, and Paul was out at Abbey Road Studios looking for new band members. Stella got upset and she only calmed down to Paul's music, so I had to improvise. I went into the home recording studio where Paul kept all of his instruments and tried playing Stella a song. I didn't know how to play the drums, or bass, or any sort of gutiar. I only knew how to play the piano. So I sat down on the bench with Stella on my lap and began playing and singing.

" When I find myself in times of trouble
Mother Mary comes to me
Speaking words of wisdom, let it be
And in my hour of darkness
She is standing right in front of me
Speaking words of wisdom, let it be

Let it be, let it be
Whisper words of wisdom, let it be

And when the broken-hearted people
Living in the world agree
There will be an answer, let it be
For though they may be parted
There is still a chance that they will see
There will be an answer, let it be

Let it be, let it be
Yeah, there will be an answer, let it be
Let it be, let it be
Whisper words of wisdom, let it be

Let it be, let it be
Ah, let it be, yeah, let it be
Whisper words of wisdom, let it be

And when the night is cloudy
There is still a light that shines on me
Shine on until tomorrow, let it be
I wake up to the sound of music,
Mother Mary comes to me
Speaking words of wisdom, let it be

Let it be, let it be
Let it be, yeah, let it be
Oh, there will be an answer, let it be
Let it be, let it be
Let it be, yeah, let it be
Whisper words of wisdom, let it be"
"That was beautiful," Paul said.
I jumped a little when I heard his voice. "Ye scared me," I whispered.
"Is she sleepin?" he whispered back.
"Yeah, I'll take her up to her room,"
"No, I got her," he said, taking her from my arms.
"Thanks," I yawned.
I followed him out of the recording studio and walked into the living room and sat down. It was nice living in a house that didn't have liquor bottles on every inch of the floor. When he came back downstairs he was smiling.
"So, I'm guessin ye had a good day?"
"The best, I found a lead guitarist and a drummer! Now all I need is a piano player,"
"Good luck findin one," I laughed.
"Mich, I want ye to be in the band,"
"Me? Why?"
"Cause, ye can sing and play beautifully. And I want my wife coming on tour with me," he grabbed my hands and kissed them. "Please Michelle," he gave me his big doughy eyes, which were hard to resist.
"But Paul, I have stage fright! And I dont like the attention bein on me!"
"I'll be there with ye, you'll have absolutly nothin to worry about. PLEASE!" he begged.
"Alright,"
"Thank ye," he gave me a passionate kiss, "I love ye so much! Yer gonna be amazin!"
"Thank ye," I chuckled.
"C'mon, let's head to bed, we start writtin tomorrow,"
"Wait! I'm writtin with ye!"
"Yeah, I know ye can do it,"
I let out a chuckle, "I love ye so much,"
"I love ye too..."