Wanting Heather

YEAR: 1964

We were in the tavern for the wedding reception and then Paul saw a familiar face. Linda Eastman, Heathers birth mother.
"Linda...what are ye doin here?" Paul kindly asked.
"I'm actually here to speak to Michelle. May I see her?"
"Uh, yeah, I guess." Paul was confused.
Why does she want to see Michelle? He thought.
"Hi, Michelle?"
"Yeah, who are ye?"
"My name is Linda, Linda Eastman, you might've heard of me."
"Yer Heather's birth mother..."
"Yes I am, and I was wondering, if we could go back to your hotel and talk."
"Whatever," I scoffed.

We all walked out of the tavern, Eppy had left earlier with some guy so Pattie, George, Ringo, and Lucy all took that car, and the rest of us too the other car. Cynthia was the only sober one so she drove us back to the hotel.
"Here we are, c'mon John." She pulled him out of the backseat and dragged him to the lift.
"Well, shall we go to the room then?" Linda asked.
"Uh, yeah."

I stood up from the car and walked to the lift. We rode up and got to our room. When I opened the door I found Heather and Julian sitting on the couch with Jude as they watched a movie and Mary sleeping in her play pen. I looked to Linda as a few tears streamed down her face. She walked in and went to the couch.
"Can I help ye?" Jude asked.
"I just came to see Heather."
"Yer an american, what are ye doin here?"
"Visiting my daughter."
"Oh really, where does she live?"
"She's right here," Linda said as she picked Heather off the couch.
"Ye can't take her!" Paul shouted with a drunken slur.
"But she's my baby! You have your own now! And me, I have nothing!"
"Ye have a husband who loves ye!" I said.
"He committed suicide last week!" Everyone got silent as Linda practically strangled Heather in her arms. "Please," she continued, "I gave birth to her, she's the only thing I have left."
As Linda became vulnerable I grabbed Heather from Linda's arms.
"Birth means nothing. Now get out of here."
"PLEA-"
"I SAID GO LINDA!"
Linda stood there sobbing.
"SHE SAID GO!" Jude yelled as she pushed Linda out the door.
"Thank ye Jude."
"Don't mention it," she yawned, "ye should get some sleep, we leave tomorrow mornin."
"Ye got a plane ticket?"
"No, takin the train. Now get some sleep."
Jude walked me to bed and tucked me in, since I was too wasted to do it myself. She gave Julian back to Cynthia and put the other two kids to bed.
"Thank ye so much Jude,"
"It was no trouble Paul."
"Seriously, thank ye."
"Any time, now get some rest."
"Yer gonna be a great mother." Paul lazily said.
"I'm never havin kids," Jude uttered as she walked Paul to the bed.
"Why not?"
"I'm not maternal."
"Sure ye are! Yer takin great care of me now!" Paul said with a smile.
"But its different, y'know, with an actual kid. Not a drunken 22 year old."
"Look," Paul said with a slur, "do ye think that Michelle and I were ready? She was 20 when she got Heather, and she wasn't expectin it! Mary wasn't expected!"
"But ye already had Heather."
"The point is if two drunken idiots like ourselves can have two kids, no problem, then the day you'll have kids, you'll be fine."

The next morning I woke up to the sound of Paul throwing up. I didn't feel as sick as Paul, but I did have a bad hangover.
"Morning love."
"Go take a shower."
"We have leave in 10 minutes!"
"I don't care! Yer gonna smell! Take a shower!"
"Take one with me," He said with a wink.
"Yer still drunk."
"No I'm not," he laughed, "c'mon love."
"Fine."
He walked over to the bed, grabbed my arms and yanked my off the bed and into the shower. The water had already started the water and warm. Paul had me go in first then he quickly followed.
"What has gotten into ye?" I asked with a laugh.
"Remember," he kissed my neck, "the last time," he kissed my neck again, "we did this?" He finally planted a kiss on my lips.
"Yeah," I went along with his kisses, "it was when ye got back from Hamburg. It was so long ago."
"Right before our big fight." He ran his hands through my short hair.
"Yeah," I kissed his chest, "it was,"
He worked his hands down the my waist then we heard someone open the front door.
"Fuck!" I whispered. Paul reached around me and turned the water off.
"Later love," he have me one last kiss and got out, "I promise, now c'mon."
I rolled my eyes and follwed Paul out in my bathrobe.
"What are ye two doin! We have a plane to catch!" Cynthia yelled as she walked in with Julian on her hip and Heather holding her hand.
"I'm so sorry Cyn, lemme get dressed."
"Be quick about it!"

After Paul and I got dressed we rushed to the airport where everyone except Jude was waiting for us.
"Its about bloody time!" Brian yelled.
"Sorry, sorry, two kids y'know, hard to get yer stuff together," Paul replied with a sheepish smile on his face.
"Or havin sex in the shower," Cynthia laughed.
"Hey!" I yelled, "it was just hand stuff." I whispered while giggling.
"Yeah, that's so much better," John sarcasticlly said.
"Fuck off," as the 'argument' was ending, the plane started and we took off.
The plane ride was rather short, maybe an hour or two.
"So Lucy,"
"Yeah Mich?"
"First of all, don't call me that-"
"But Paul calls ye Mich all the time!"
"Thats cause he's me husband!"
"Anyway, continue,"
"Are ye ever gonna have yer own kids?"
"I dunno, maybe one day I'll want 'em, but not now."
"Ringo wants kids ye know."
"I know! And I don't want to deprive him of that, so that's why I'm considering it,"
"Just not any time soon..."
"Exactly."
"Just don't adopt,"
"Why not? Ye love Heather, don't ye?"
"Of course I do! She's my first child, just yer gonna have to deal with crazy ex-mums."
"What do ye mean?"
"Yesterday Linda found us and tried to take Heather."
Lucy quickly sat up in her seat.
"Yer joking!"
"Afraid not,"
"That's awful,"
"Yer telling me!"
"LADIES!" Brian yelled, "I hope ye know that we are hearin every word that comes outta yer smart mouths!"
"Sorry Eppy, we'll try to keep it down,"
"Thank ye Lucy...Michelle?"
"Yeah, yeah."
"Good"

When we landed we were swarmed by people, screaming and cheering at us.
"I LOVE YE PAUL!"
"MARRY ME JOHN!"
"RINGO YER BEAUTIFUL!"
"DATE ME GEORGE!"
Eppy rushed us to the big car waiting out back. The boys got into their own car and drove home, Paul grabbed Heather so it would save room in the other car that was coming to pick the rest of us up. Soon, Jude pulled up in a car.
"Get in,"

Jude drove us to my house and when we got there, there was an unfamiliar car sitting in the driveway. From what I could see, no one was in it. I rushed out the car, Mary in hand and burst through my front door.
"PAUL!" No answer. "PAUL! ANSWER ME!" I became worried. "JAMES PAUL MCCARTNEY! WHERE ARE YE!"
"I'm right here, stop yellin, I need ye to come into the dinin room for a moment. I'd put Mary down for a nap."
"Where's Heather?"
"With John."
"Why!"
"You'll see, now out Mary in her room."
"A-alright."
I did as Paul said and put Mary down for a nap then walked into the dining room to find Linda and Paul sitting at the table.
"What is goin on here?" I nervously asked.
"I wanted to talk to you both, about Heather."
"She's mine, end of discussion." I crossed my arms and slouched in my chair.
"I know you want to keep her, but so do I."
"And why should ye keep 'er!"
"I GAVE BIRTH TO HER!"
"THAT MEANS NOTHING!"
Linda was silent.
"It means everything." I soon became frustrated.
"WHERE WERE YE WHEN SHE WAS SICK! WHERE WERE YE WHEN SHE NEEDS A DIAPER CHANGE! WHERE WERE YE DURING HER FIRST STEPS, WORDS, CHRISTMAS, BIRTHDAY! WHERE WERE YE WHEN SHE WAS IN THE ORPHANAGE! YE WEREN'T THERE! BUT PAUL AND I, WE WERE! NOW STOP SAYING THAT YE GAVE BIRTH TO HER BECAUSE THAT MEANS SHIT!"
Linda stood up from the table, tears rushing down her face in fury.
"Just so you know, Michelle McCartney, Heather will be mine again, if it is the last thing I do."