Off to Hamburg

YEAR: 1960

"I can't believe yer leavin. How long do ye think you'll be gone?"
"No more than 3 months love. Why don't ye come with me?"
"I have to work."
"I'm gonna miss ye."
"I'll miss ye too." I gave him a light kiss. "Just think, its only three months, then I'll see ye again." Paul grabbed my waist and pulled me close. "When are ye leavin?"
"Next week." I put my arms around him and gave him a tight hug.
"I don't want ye to leave me."

"George when are ye leavin?"
"Next week."
"Can't believe yer goin to Hamburg."
"I'm excited."
"I'm not."
"I know."
"I'm gonna miss ye."
"I'll miss ye too."
"Yer not gonna do anythin stupid, right?"
"Well love, were gonna be preforming in a tavern, so if I get drunk, its not my fault." He started laughing, Jude gave him a nudge in his arm, George continued packing his bags and smiling at his beautiful girlfriend that he won't see for 3 months.
"Stop packing and relax."
"Let me finish packing then all my attention will be on you." Jude sat on the desk chair all upset. "Hey, don't worry the three months will fly by, and I'll be back before ye know it."

"Hey Mimi."
"John, what do I own the pleasure."
"I need my birth certificate."
"Where are ye going?"
"Hamburg."
"How long?"
"Couple months."
"Does Cynthia know?"
"Of course, she's going with me."
"Are any of the other girls going?"
"Lucy, she's our instrument handler."
"That's not a thing John."
"Whatever." The two heard someone walking down the stairs.
"Ello John."
"Hello Victoria," John saw Prudence run through the living room, "Prudence."
"Why are you here?"
"Getting my birth certificate from Mimi."
"Are you going to stay for dinner?"
"I'd love to but can't. Need to pack for Hamburg."
"Can't you pack tomorrow?"
"Yeah John, ye leavin for 3 months, stay with ye family for a little bit."
"Love to, but can't."
"Oh alright," Mimi handed John his birth certificate, "here ye are. Have a safe trip, and call me as soon as ye get there."
"Alright Mimi, bye Victoria," he picked Prudence up, "bye sweetheart," she kissed him on the cheek and giggled. John let it a laugh, "I think I'm gonna miss ye the most."

"LETS GO WINSTON! WE'RE GONNA MISS THE PLANE! GEORGE AND PETE ARE ALREADY THERE AND PAULS IN THE CAR! HURRY UP!"
"I'm comin, I'm comin." John walked out of his apartment, closing the door behind him.
"Let's go then." The two walked to the car, Paul and I already in it.
"What is she doing here?"
"Spending time with Paul. What are you doing?"
"That spot was for Cyn!"
"She can sit next to me! Calm down, its too early to be yelling."

I put my head back down on Paul's shoulder to try and rest my eyes until we got to the airport. It was a rather silent car ride. Paul had his arm around me the whole time and occasionally kissed my head. He whispered 'I love you' into my ear every once in a while. We arrived at the airport in no time. I walked in with everyone, helping with luggage and such, the entire time Paul refused to let go of my hand and I didn't want him to. We finally got to his flight gate.

"Well this is it love." I could see tears forming in his big, beautiful, hazel eyes.
"Don't cry, this is good for ye."
"How?"
"Yer gonna become famous and all this would have been worth it."
"I love ye."
"I love you too."

I put down the luggage and pulled Paul close and gave him a kiss. I never wanted it to end, eventually John pulled us away. I crossed my arms over my stomach, I wanted to wave goodbye but I couldn't bring myself to do it. I started crying, I couldn't move, knowing I'll be away from Paul. Eventually I brought myself to be able to walk again and I started walking for the exit until I heard crying in the bathroom; I walked in.

"Hello? Are ye ok?" I knocked on the bathroom stall.
"Michelle?" The stall door opened.
"Jude!" I pulled her out and gave her a hug. "Its alright."
"They're gone Michelle."
"I know," I hugged her tighter, "I know."
We walked out of the airport together then we went out sperate ways.

PAUL'S POV

"That flight was so long." I let out a yawn.
"Yeah it was, Cyn slept the whole time." John let out a tired chuckle.
"At least she got sleep." George dragged his luggage off the plane. "PETE LETS GO!" Pete was half asleep as he walked off the plane.
"I'm here, don't worry."
"I just got a cab, I just put our instruments in, c'mon!"
"Were comin Paul, stop fussin."
"C'mon Cyn, I just got us a cab."
"Comin Lucy, bye John see ye in a few."
"Bye love." He gave her a kiss on the cheek.

We got into a cab the  Lucy and Cyn got into another. We arrived at the apartments not long after we got off the plane.

"John, we have to live here for 3 months?"
"I'm afraid so love."
"Don't worry Cyn, yer gonna be livin with me, it'll be fun." Cynthia let out a groan.
"Whatever, which apartment is ours?"
"Third floor, fifth on the left." Lucy handed Cynthia the keys.
"Thank ye, I'm goin to bed."
"Alright, I'll be up in a few." Lucy let out a laugh. "Where are you 4 livin?"
"We have 2 apartments, I'm living with John and George and Pete are livin together. It's gonna be a long 3 months."
"Why, ye already live with John, how is it gonna be long?"
"I'm away from Michelle."
"You two are so codependent, ye always need each other."
"Why would I want to be away from someone I love?"
"Alright boys," John yelling got everyone's attention, "get some rest, we start working tomorrow!"

"WAKE UP BOYS!" John was slamming on Pete and Georges door.
"SHUT UP WINSTON!"
"FUCK YOU DIAMONDS!"
"Stop bangin on the door, we're here, ready to go, like we promised. Where's Paul?"
"Finishing his song for Mich, so stupid."
"I think its sweet!" Cynthia snuck up behind him and gave him a quick hug. "George, why aren't ye writing any songs for Jude?"
"Cause shes never gonna hear 'em."
"Why not do what Paul's doing? Hes rentin some studio time, you guys are goin in, and singin, then he's sending a 45 to Michelle."
"What about Michelle?" I came out, bass and song in hand. "C'mon, don't want to keep the people waiting, I told them 11:30 and its 11 now, I don't want to be late!"
"Fine let's go."

"You're late!"
"Sorry, traffic was bad."
"I don't care!" The man had a very thick German accent.
"So what's the name of the song your going to sing?"
"Uh, P.S. I Love You." The man wrote the name down on the 45. "Uh actually can ye not write the name down?" The man rolled his eyes and put down the pen.
"Are you ready to start recording?" I nodded. "Well then let's go."