Edited chapter twelve

Amelia stood in front of her bathroom mirror, the soft glow of the overhead lights casting a warm ambiance. She stared intently at her reflection, her hazel eyes scanning every strand of hair. Today, however, her hair seemed to have a mind of its own, defying her attempts at taming it. She brought her fingers up to her head, gently running through them.

A deep breath escaped Amelia's lips as frustration began to creep into her mind. With a sigh, she opened the cabinets beneath the sink, the soft creaking of the doors echoing in the quiet bathroom. Her eyes scanned the jumbled assortment of beauty products and toiletries, And finally, amidst the chaos, she found it - a brush. The smooth handle felt cool against her fingertips as she clutched it tightly.

Amelia's movements became more urgent as she raised the brush to her head, its bristles eagerly touching her hair. Each stroke was harsh as if she was trying to erase the imperfections she saw in her reflection. The hairbrush became a tool of frustration rather than a solution, accentuating the very problem she sought to fix.

Abruptly, Amelia dropped the hairbrush onto the counter, the clatter resonating in the small space. A deep exhale escaped her lips as if she had been holding her breath for far too long. It was then, as her heart rate began to slow, that she realized the real reason for her anxiety. It wasn't her hair that was causing this turmoil, but the weight of a decision she had made just the day before.

Harry had asked her to join Dumbledore's army the day before and In her excitement to finally have the attention of her brother, she had agreed without hesitation. But now, as the reality sank in, doubts arose within her. She hadn't asked any questions, hadn't contemplated the true nature of Dumbledore's army.

Amelia closed the bathroom door behind her, She walked towards her bed, its comforting embrace beckoning to her weary soul. Sitting at the edge, she reached for the book that lay beside her pillow. Her fingers traced the worn pages,
But as her eyes scanned the lines, her mind refused to cooperate.

Dumbledore's army consumed her thoughts, She couldn't shake the feeling that there was more to it than what Harry had let on. Knowing him, it was probably a grand scheme to save the world. A scoff escaped Amelia's lips, a mixture of frustration and amusement. Of course, it was an attempt to save the world. Harry was known for his chronic savior syndrome

With a sigh, Amelia closed the book, She leaned back against the pillows, her eyes fixed on the ceiling, Amelia carefully replayed the conversation she had with Harry the day before, trying to make sense of his words. He had claimed that the student army was only an organization to practice defense against the dark arts, but she knew that there was more to it.

she could recognize that the students were not getting enough practice and knowledge on the subject from Umbridge. However, she couldn't accept that as the only reason for forming a student army. Deep down, she knew that it was just the beginning of preparations for the upcoming war. It was a scary thought, and she didn't want to admit it to herself. It was too early, much too early, for fifteen-year-olds to start thinking about fighting a war. They should be enjoying their childhood, not worrying about becoming soldiers.

The door to her dorm room slammed open followed by stomping footsteps and giggling. Amelia looked up only to be met with an array of blonde and brunette hair clumsily making their way towards the beds. It was her roommates, Daphne Greengrass and Millicent bulstroad. Daphne was a short, lanky blonde girl while Millicent was a tall thick brunette. Amelia had never really gotten along with them, she tried many times just for Pansy's sake but it was to no use. They had it out for her but these days it seemed as if everybody did.

Daphne stopped in her tracks making Millicent's tall figure bump into her. The blonde girl stared at Amelia with an eyebrow raised and a grimace, Millicent soon following after. The silent glares sent Amelia shivers, she looked back and offered a weak smile. She had nothing against them, yes they could be quite annoying at times but so could she and Pansy.