Edited Chapter one

September 1st, 1995

Amelia Potter stood in Kings Cross Train Station, Her eyes scanning the departure board, her gaze unfocused. Her thoughts distracting her from the body's pushing past her. The only thing she could think about was how much she dreaded going back to school. The events from the previous year were still fresh in her mind, her eyes flashed with memories. The memories of her older brother carrying Cedric Diggory's dead body, his cries and pleas. It was all too much.

Hogwarts was no longer a place where wizards and witches felt safe, it was engulfed with dark magic. The overwhelming feeling of death causing students to feel frightened as if they expected the same faith as Cedric Diggory.

Clutching her bags tightly, Amelia exuded a puff of air, trying to release the cruel thoughts out of her body. She had a calm expression written on her face, for the past several months she tried keeping a brave face on for the sake of her family.
Harry had been plagued with nightmares all summer long, his sobs and screams waking them up practically every night. And her aunt Mary was exhausted because of it, Amelia could tell by her demeanor. She knew that her aunt couldn't handle the burden that was the Potter twins anymore. She didn't say it but her eyes did, she tried everything to comfort Harry but she had no clue what to do. It seemed as if everything she tried was utterly useless.

"Come on Amelia" her aunt Mary broke her train of thought. Amelia turned her head to look at her aunt. Mary was a short woman, with dark skin, and eyes that matched the color of her complexion. Her hair sat neatly in a ponytail with pieces of hair falling out, perfectly framing her face. She was a beautiful woman no doubt, young too. Not a wrinkle in sight, She had a small smile which Amelia could tell was fake. Her eyes told Amelia everything she needed to know, Mary was afraid of the impending war, not wanting history to repeat itself. She had lost everyone during the beginning of the war and she couldn't handle losing anyone else. She couldn't bear to think of what might happen.

Amelia followed her without saying a word. The soft sound of her footsteps echoed against the polished floors as she made her way through the station, the rhythmic clatter of luggage wheels punctuating the air. Her posture exuded
confidence, yet a hint of vulnerability danced in her eyes. In all honesty, if Amelia had the choice she would turn back around and forget all about Hogwarts, but there was no choice.

Amelia watched as her aunt ran through platform 9 ¾. But she couldn't move. Amelia's feet seemed to be stuck to the floor, her anxiety taking control of her body. She'd done this many times before but for some reason, her limbs wouldn't let her go. It was as if her body knew something bad was going to happen. Amelia stared at the brick wall in front of her trying to find the courage to walk in, trying to move. After a few moments, she closed her eyes taking a deep breath in. Without thinking she walked through the brick wall, not opening her eyes until she was fully in.

She stopped and slowly opened her eyes, she looked around to see a flurry of people of many different ages saying their goodbyes and running towards the train. Looking around she realized how normal people seem to be. She found it weird, she assumed people would be anxious about returning to Hogwarts. She was the only one, or people were just very good at masking their fear. Either way, she didn't feel good about it.

"If anything happens, owl me straight away," Mary said in a stern voice, addressing both siblings. She stood in between them, a worried look overtaking her features.

Amelia nodded, signaling she understood while Harry gently took his aunt's hand as he reassured her, "We'll be fine, Aunt Mary," She didn't look convinced but smiled nonetheless.

Mary's gaze lingered upon the twins for a brief moment, her heart skipping a beat as she caught sight of the uncanny resemblance. It was as if she were staring into a mirror of the past. Amelia's fluffy brown hair cascaded around her face, framing her dark brown eyes that held an unmistakable sparkle. The sharpness of her bone structure mirrored that of James Potter, a striking similarity that tugged at Mary's heartstrings. Harry on the other hand had bright green eyes which he undoubtedly got from his mother and a smile she was so familiar with. It was both a comfort and a painful reminder for Mary of the love that had once been.