Edited chapter Thirteen

"Working hard is important" Harry started explaining as he made his way through the room of requirement, stopping to fix students' posture any time he saw something out of place. "But there is something that matters even more, believing in yourself. Think of it this way, every great wizard started out as nothing more than we are now" He continued, passing Amelia.

She followed his figure as he made his way through the front of the room, grabbing everyone's attention, "If they can do it, why not us" he encouraged, his tone not matching his words. His voice wobbled with uncertainty. He looked at his sister for any sign of approval. Amelia noticed the wariness in his eyes and gave him a nod of support. She could see Harry visibly let out a breath of air, as he concentrated on the other students casting spells.

"You ready?" A silky voice called out. Amelia looked in front of her to see Fred Weasley standing with his wand extended in front of him. He wore his signature smirk as he raked his eyes over Amelia.

"Are you?" she asked, placing her wand in front of her and getting into position.

"Hit me," the redheaded boy said in a confident tone. Amelia raised her eyebrow at his voice, he sounded so sure of himself, as if he thought Amelia wouldn't be able to cast the spell properly. She breathed in and pictured the wand movements in her head, making sure to move at the right time. She sounded out the word stupefy in her mind as she flicked her wrist. A bright yellow surge of energy emitted from the tip of her wand, an invisible force grabbing Fred's body and pushing it harshly towards the wall. A loud boom reflected off the walls as Fred groaned in pain. The loud noise caught everyone's attention, all eyes went to Fred before an entertained laugh erupted from George Weasley.

"Shut up" Fred barked, making the room chuckle. Amelia quickly walked towards Fred and extended her hand towards him. He looked up at her with a twinkle in his eye before grabbing her hand and letting her pull him up. He stood in front of her, looking around the room and seeing everyone go back to their places before leaning in, "How'd you do that?" he whispered into her ear, his cool breath hitting the skin on her neck. She shivered before taking a small step back and looking up at him.

"Do what?" she asked breathlessly, Fred had never been this close to her. She could practically smell the woodsy notes in his soap, a strange feeling surged in her chest but she pushed it down and tried to concentrate on the confused boy in front of her.

"Cast the spell without talking," he said, straightening his posture.

"What?" she tilted her head in confusion.

"You did a non-verbal spell" A small smile started growing on Fred's lips.

"No, I didn't," Amelia said in a doubtful tone, she didn't realize she cast the spell without saying it.

"You did," Fred chuckled, shaking his head at the potter girl. "do it again, the same way you just did it" he backed away from her, getting into position.

"You want me to throw you across the room again" she inquired in slight disbelief. Fred winked at her causing her lips to tighten into a thin line. She did as he requested and got Into position. She raised her wand and remembered the steps she had taken not too long ago and repeated them. She pictured the movements and sounded out the words in her mind before waving her wand. Her eyes widened when she saw the familiar wisps of energy from her wand. Fred was right, she did cast the spell without talking. She had absolutely no clue how she was able to figure it out.

Amelia walked towards Fred as he got up, "Told you" he teased, towering over her. Amelia rolled her eyes, not being able to contain her smile."Show me how to do that" He beckoned with a grin.

" Fantastic everyone, well done" Harry's voice interrupted, Amelia and Fred paid their full attention toward his direction, " That's it for this lesson, we won't be meeting again until next week so keep practicing, and great work everyone" he confirmed while standing in between Ron and Hermione. As soon as Harry finished, chatter erupted between students as they packed up.