Edited chapter eight

Authors note, please read before continuing:

I've edited all the previous chapters so it's recommended to reread them if you haven't to better understand this chapter since I've changed a lot of things. If you've already read the edited chapters then please ignore this. Thank you for the support

Amelia found herself sitting in the Transfiguration classroom the next day, utterly bored. Just five minutes prior, she had been dragged to detention by Professor McGonagall. She had foolishly believed that if she managed to avoid the stern professor long enough, she would eventually give up and let her skip detention. But her plan had failed miserably when McGonagall found her immediately.

To Amelia's surprise, Mattheo had the same idea. The big double doors burst open with a loud boom, and there he was, strolling in with McGonagall right behind him. He was the last one to join the group in detention. Amelia, positioned in front of the room on the desk closest to the window, rested her head on the table, her hands tucked under her chin.

On the other side of the aisle, beside Amelia's desk, sat Harry Potter, lost in his thoughts as he stared out into space. Beside him, a visibly annoyed Ron sat on his chair, arms crossed tightly over his chest. Behind Ron, Hermione glared daggers at Amelia, blaming her for the current situation and showing no intention of forgiving her anytime soon.

Seamus sat beside Hermione, munching on Bertie Bott's Every Flavored Beans. Behind Amelia, Draco and Blaise engaged in a hushed conversation. Draco's face held its usual sneer as he complained, while Blaise barely paid attention, his palm supporting his chin as he teetered on the edge of falling asleep.

Mattheo's eyes lit up as he spotted the empty chair next to Amelia. With a grin, he made his way over to her, his footsteps echoing in the quiet classroom. Amelia, still resting her head on the table, glanced up at him but quickly looked away.

Just as Mattheo settled into his seat, Seamus couldn't resist chiming in with his thick Irish accent, his annoyance evident in his voice. "Oy, professor, I shouldn't be here," he protested, hoping to escape the clutches of detention. But the professor's stern gaze quickly silenced him, causing him to shrink back into his seat, a mix of embarrassment and fear washing over him.

Professor McGonagall, with her unwavering composure, walked down the aisle, her hands clasped behind her back. Her voice carried a calm yet intimidating tone as she addressed the room. "You are all here for a reason. Your behavior this week has been unacceptable, and I will not tolerate such behavior in my school," she stated firmly, her words resonating through the air.

"For the next two hours I expect you to ponder the error of your ways, Any deviation from my expectations will be reported to the Headmaster, and you will face the consequences," McGonagall declared, her eyes scanning the room, daring anyone to challenge her authority. With a final glance, she snatched Seamus' flavored beans, leaving him no room to protest, and closed the door behind her, sealing the classroom in an air of tension.

The next couple of minutes were spent in silence, each student lost in their thoughts. Amelia's thoughts went to the night before, after Mattheo left her mind was invaded by him, the way his black eyes softened at her touch, the way her skin fittingly, and as soon as he touched her, she felt silly not being able to stop thinking about it, she had to remind herself who he was and why she was supposed to him.

She glanced over at the boy beside her, Mattheo lazily sat against his chair, his focus on the notebook in front of him, His dark eyes were soft as his quill scribbled over the pages, he was unguarded. Amelia took notice of the way his brows would scrunch up in concentration and how his eyes would flicker.