25

On the Eastern borders of Tadhg, Alcestis strode on top a white horse with folded wings and horns protruding from its head. Dawned with armor and a bright red cape, for aesthetic purposes and nothing more, Alcestis's hand rested on the hilt of his sword, peering down upon the town that was ravaged with flames and blood spilt from the innocent.

"My lord, a message has been sent by Prince Esmond. Do you wish to hear?" A long silence followed, with the cracking sounds of the fire burning wood in the distance and the screams of the people. Underneath the heavy helmet, the corners of Alcestis's lips rose into a condescending smirk and his eyes narrowed and his deep-set eyes gave a faint green illumination. "Let's hear it. how much trouble they're having after just a few days." His words were sarcastic, but the small foot soldier couldn't help but feel a slight chill and hear a deeper meaning behind his words.

"Ahem! ... On the borders of Nymph and Tadhg, King Alkibiades was shot by an arrow by one of our forces. He's currently in recovery and the perpetrator is being searched. All of Tadhg is defenseless, we will soon take control. Sigrun has advanced further and insisted on Nympha...Things are going well. But the Saintes's whereabouts are unknown. I've sent a letter to the church, only a short letter stating her last whereabout was said. They said she went to travel to a remote town on the edge of Alkibiades."

"Stop." Alcestis ordered, silencing the footman immediately.

He pulled the reins on the horse, making it turn around to reveal even more choas and destruction. His voice was cold as he bellowed, "Stick to the original plan, I'm going to give a small visit back home."

"H-home?...I, I mean, Yes! My lord!"

"Oh. Before I forgot, write back a short letter to them saying I'm returning to Panoma, Mneme. They don't need to worry too much, just make sure to stick to the original plan." The footman nodded, hurriedly taking out a blank parchment and pen.

.

.

.

"He's coming back. You have to hurry." A small voice spoke in my head. It sounded familiar, yet oddly not.

Is Alcestis coming back? Did he leave? When? oh, yes. I remember...I overheard their conversation, to take over Nympha.

But why? And those additional voice...on the borders of Tagh and Nympha, are Esmond and Sigrun. Are they also coming back? Do they also remember? No, they do. He said so.

Home, I want to go home. So...I must...do it.

A pair of black eyes glazed dully over his left arm, imbedded with the last remanence of the Saint's powers. But his body is too weak, while the saintess could last a few years, Kai could barely hold up now.

If he doesn't make it, and another cycle will start.

He must reach Alcestis before his time runs out. To go home, and rest with his family. His brother, his father, and... mom.

Tears has unknowingly started to shed from his face, and Kai was unaware. It made no difference now, whether from the exhaustion of containing this holy energy or the grief of his family, his vision was beyond cloudy and he relied solely on his memories to walk down the path.

To the small tavern he and Alcestis rented for themselves.

Kai collapsed on his bed, beads of sweat running down his head as he gripped his arm in pain. His clenched his teeth to suppress the noises from his throat. After some time, he mustered up his energy to lift his eyeslids and looked around. Pushing himself up from the bed slowly,  he did his best to cover himself and waited.

Waited. And Waited.

Until the sky fell dark, the doors finally opened. Kai lifted his head and his gaze was met with a familiar pair of green iris'.

Alcestis remained silent, but approached him with light steps, a gentle smile on his face as he uttered a name he shouldn't know.

"Izel," While Kai was in shock, Alcestic wrapped his arms around him like a coil. Kai felt the cold skin, even through the fabric, and was immediately reminded of those deceptive snakes. Liar.

Liar.

Liar.

Liar.

Liar.

No.No.No.No. You Liar. I trusted you. You said you loved me...my husband. A liar. Liar. Stop it. Let me go. Let me go! LET ME GO!

Calm down, Kai!

There it is. That voice. The saint. Calm down. yes. calm down.

Alcestis watched as myrids of emotion shifted through his face, as the memories of him were unlocked, as he unlocked memories of himself. The grip around his shoulders tightened, he looked down at that face that he had betrayed countless times, and as the glow of golden light enveloped them both he leaned in one last time and pressed against the others trembling lips. Mumbling words that he had only ever received but never said back, until now.

"I love you."

I wanted you in this life, just like that last, and the last, and...But i could never fully have you. No matter what I do.

"I don't want you to leave. Please, Izel. Isnt this world everything you wanted? It's not just a game anymore, I made it into reality. You said I was your favorite. Whenever you leave the screen...my world turns dark."

"I don't want to just be a character from some game. I wanted to be with you,.. to touch you. the real you...but I see where I've made my mistake."

As the goldren light slowly dissapated the surrounding envioronment, earasing everything into a white space, Alcestis made a final attempt.

"If I can't bring you to me, then I'll just go to you. No one can stop me. Not even that God of ours."

....

Author's corner:

Woah! I know Im the writer and all, but even I didn't expect that! Jesus christ! WHAT IS GOING ON!?!

anyways, tell me what you think, or don't! I'm totally cool with anything (lie). ^^