21

"Saintess, please bless the Queen on a successful delivery." The brown-haired girl nodded while putting her hands together, a golden light seeping from the cracks of her entangled hands as she whispered unknown words with an enchantment.

She stood over a bed, where a familiar blue-haired woman lay with a bulging stomach. The woman had a faint smile on her lips as she caressed her covered stomach, a faint tinge of hesitance flashed in her eyes.

"Your Majesty Amalthea, may the gods bless you and your second child." Her voice was tinged with sweetness, making the pregnant woman feel more comfortable as she lay on the bed, ready for delivery due to time.

Smiling in her white robe, the Saintess left. A line of servants followed closely behind her.

The news came soon and the second prince was born. Esmond stared at the parchment paper without emotion, he folded the letter back up and stuffed it back into the envelope.

A celebration should've been held for the second prince's birth, but with the special circumstances of their time right now, the King and Queen opted out of holding such a grand celebration. It could only be pushed back.

Esmond glared darkly at the barren landscape once he stepped out of the tent. The sun was beginning to rise and the sky was painted a bloody red, foretelling the bloodshed that was about to come. In the distance, Sigrun hoisted himself on top of a horse, shouting at the army of Calvery behind him with a sword in hand and pointing it up in the sky with a booming roar along with the crowd.

He looked down at the envelope in his hand. A feeling of displacement resonated in his heart, not knowing where it came from, it only further pushed his mood to the edge of irritation.

He glanced at Calvery Sigrun's lead and proceeded to meet with his own troops. 

The war will soon end.

This sentence crossed both their minds as the red sun rose higher and higher.

.

.

.

"Under the eyes and witness of the heavenly lord, may he bless those poor unfortunate, and innocent souls to live through this catastrophe."  The young maiden knelt on her knees, tightly clasping her hands and bowing her head as she prayed before a carved statue. Her eyes were tightly closed and her lonely figure could be seen as the only one in the empty cathedral. 

"Oh lord, please give me strength." The seats behind her were empty and she continued to kneel in the middle of the altar. Invisible to the naked eye was the string of gold that slowly descended, floating around the maiden in white before silently slipping, piercing through her head.

For a moment, the figure on the ground went limp, she collapsed on the ground suddenly. It was unknown how long she stayed like that, but when the doors to the cathedrals were heavily knocked on, the body twitched suddenly, then woke up and got up as if nothing happening. 

The beautiful warm eyes of the maiden were a comforting brown, but when they were opened, they were an inexplicable golden color; her expression was apathetic, and the illusion of a being looking down on some insignificant creatures was created. But this illusion only lasted for a second before turning back into the soft and sweet saintess.

The doors were slowly opened, and a familiar head of black appeared poking behind the doors. Those big charcoal eyes were round and looking around with curiosity. The hands under the maiden's wide sleeves couldn't help but twitch, the desire to caress his face was surpassed and she only merely showed the expected guest a welcoming smile.

"Kai, was you're name? Thank you for accepting my request in such turbulent times. I'm very sorry to have to disturb you like this."

"N-no...It's not a problem, it is my job after all." Kai pushed the door open wider and walked in once he realized that the woman in white should be his client.

"Of course. Before we talk about the job though, may I invite you to a cup of tea? I know the journey must have been long." Kai was hesitant.

"It's no trouble. I'm not in a hurry to rush things, so please, allow me to invite you to a cup of tea."

"Okay, if it's no trouble. Thank you, Miss."

"Please, just call me Saint."

Kai suddenly froze, looking at the smiling maiden with wide eyes. The nervousness in his voice was evident but the maiden chose to ignore his fear.

"S-saint? ...You, you are the saintess?"

Author's corner:

You'll get what you get and you'll like it!

Sorry for not updating in so long, I've been having author's block for this particular book in general so I've put my attention to other projects. Anyways, you got your update. Peace.

Thank you for reading though, I'm glad some of you enjoy this terrible work of literature.

No art, unfortunately.