5

This part wasn't in the script.

Kai thought to himself as he looked at a pair of glaring red eyes.

"What's Mr. Rich doing in this part of town? I thought you hated the poor." Sigrun taunted, staring down at Kai.

There was a moment of silence. Before Kai approached Sigrun closer and took out something from his pockets.

It's was the jar of ink the prince had given him before.

He presented it towards Sigrun, who reeled away in confusion.

"What are you tryna give me now?" He grumbled.

"Ink." Kai responded plainly. The matter of frank tone strikes a nerve, and Sigrun snatched it from his hand with force.

Kai looked at his hand. There was a faint red mark, but it wasn't much to worry about. He looked back at Sigrun.

"I heard poor people don't know how to write." Kai stared at him. "So this is for you."

Sigrun's face turned ugly. "Why are you here? Surely you can't be shopping in a dingy place like this, are you?"

Kai ignored him, proceeding to walk away after he thought he successfully mocked Sigrun's status.

"Hey! Wait a minute, do you even know where you're going?" Sigrun reached for Kai's wrist, pulling him back from the crossroad where many pedestrian walked.

"Buy a gift." Kai pointed at a nearby stall across from them. It was stall selling kebabs. Sigrun looked down at him, a raised brow.

"You think a kebab can be considered a gift?"

Kai nodded. "For myself." Sigrun laughed out loud at this. He pushed Kai forward, tactically shortening his steps to walk beside him.

"I didn't know rich people could eat from street stalls like this." Sigrun tried to jab at Kai, but the other party stayed unresponsive. Quickly ordering many kebabs for himself.

Sigrun looked at the white pair of hands holding on tightly to the greasy sticks, drops of oil landing on his pink fingertips. He subconsciously reached out.

Kai pulled away, looking at him with vigilance.

"Calm down, I'm not gonna eat them. It just looks like you got your hands full. How 'bout I lend you a hand?" Sigrun grinned as  he touched the palms of his hand. Rubbing the petal-soft palms a for a few seconds longer than he should when he took a hand full of kebabs from Kai's hand.

Kai ignored Sigrun's weird movements, stuffing his face with the kebabs.

Sigrun watched in silence, still holding onto the kebabs. The two walked to an open space, a waterfountain standing in the center with the figure of an angelic statue pouring water.

Kai licked his fingers after he finished the kebabs, his stomach still grumbling in hunger he turned back to Sigrun, who had the rest of his food.

As a result, he was gone.

Huh. Kai blankly thought. He totally forgot poor people were also thieves.

Kai sat on the edge of the fountain, the grease on his hands messily wiped against his coat. He waited for Esmond.

Mindlessly swinging his legs, the sounds of chatter and workers flooded his senses. Kai eventually started to dose off.

*SPLASH!!!*

Kai fell into the water. His previous drowsiness washed away.

Kai stumbled out of the fountain, his whole body was soaked, and water kept dripping from his clothes.

A few people stared at him as he stood in front of the fountain, soaked. Kai paid the extra eyes no mind, silently waiting for Esmond to pick him up, as he promised before.

It wasn't until Kai's clothes became half-dry that the familiar blue head appeared.

"Kai! You won't believe what I found for you! You better like it!" Esmond's voice shouted from a distance before approaching closer. "Hey, what happened to you?" He looked up and down at Kai.

"Fell into water."

"Oh. Come on, we're almost out of time here." Esmond grabbed his hand, which felt deathly cold. His brows furrowed as he tightened his grip. "All the gifts I found for you have already been sent to your house, you better like them, Kai."

"Hm."

"Hey, are you okay? You're hands are really col—ah!" Esmond caught the falling body into his arms.

"Kai?"

He nervously called. There was no response but the heavy breathing of the unconscious party.

Esmond called out the hidden body guards and promptly left the scene in a hurry.

Watching from a distance, Sigrun played with the wooden kebabs sticks in his hand. Stained with blood.

"So he's friends with the prince?" Sigrun smiled in the darkness. "What a shame."