46: Prathamarghya

Yudhishthir called in Bhishma and Kunti as the court was filled with flowers. The Pandavas and Draupadi smiled at Kunti, who was walking with a sense of pride in her. The four of them stepped forward and sought their blessings as Draupadi and Yudhishthir followed.

Arshia was the last one to walk to them. She smiled at Bhishma and sought his blessings. He placed his hands on her shoulder,in a comforting manner,and smiled at her.

"You have been such a brilliant supporter of the Pandavas and have always supported and walked on the path of dharma. I am so proud of you Arshia" Bhishma said with adore in his voice. Arhsia smiled in appreciation and joined her palms. She walked to Kunti and sought her blessings,too.

"Thank you,putri Arhsia" Kunti said and there was no need of an explanation. She perfectly understood what Kunti was trying to express. To assure her,she smiled at Kunti and walked back. The 5 Pandavas hugged their mother and Arhsia missed Kunti's look,where she was looking at Karna with a unreadable expression.

Arshia looked at Karna with a soft smile on her face.

Oh,how much she loved the man who she was gazing at the moment. How he made her happy,how he cared for her,how kind and sweet he was to her,how awesome of a husband and father he was.

Destiny was so cruel to this man.

Karna adverted his gaze at Arshia and smiled back. Arshia's eyes shined as she saw Karna noticing her. How she missed this over the last 14 days. He winked at her as a bright red splattered across her face. She cleared her throat and looked away, trying to wipe the red dust off.

Yudhishthir and Draupadi made their way to their illusionary throne and sat as their hails spread across the room. The Pandavas were seated next to the emperor and empress and Arshia made her way to Krishna and sat on a throne,just beside him.

Krishna looked at her and smiled.

"What a awesome journey you had so far,Arshia. Can't believe you are actually from Kaliyug" Arshia smiled at him and replied "It's all because of your wish,Vasudev Krishna. My mother's devotion beared me such sweet fruits!"

Arshia casted her eyes over the sabha and smiled.

Krishna, rather,looked at her with sadness in his eyes. When Arshia noticed,he smiled his famous smile and looked at Yudhishthir and great sage Ved Vyas discussing on who to make prathamarghya/royal advisor.

Bhishma had denied this opportunity souly because he knew he was a prisoner under the Hastinapur throne and it would not be proper justice to advice the emperor. Yudhishthir had a rather troubled expression on his face when Bhishma turned down this opportunity while Arshia looked at Krishna, knowing he was the perfect choice.

She stood up, grabbing all the attention.

"If you don't mind emperor and empress,can I suggest someone who would be perfect for this position?" Draupadi and Yudhishthir nodded at her.

Turning her gaze at Krishna,she smiled and addressed to the whole court.

"Dharma,freedom and selflessness,the three qualities that make a human perfect infront of the eyes of the world and three qualities which is required in a person to have this position,lie in Dwarkanaresh Vasudev Krishna. I would like emperor and empress to consider him as your prathamarghya. I am sure Indraprastha would flourish under him"

Yudhishthir looked at Draupadi who nodded at him, indicating that Krishna was really the best choice.

"But Angrani Arshia,I would like to defer" His honey filled tone opposed. Arshia gazed at Krishna,not having an idea of what he was about to say.

"If I have Dharma, selflessness and freedom in me,then so do you. So,why not make you the royal advisor?" Krishna said, sitting up straight in his throne.

Arhsia smiled and shook her head.

"I might have Dharma and I might have freedom but I don't have selflessness Vasudev Krishna." Arshia said, sightly gazing at Karna.

"I am sad to agree but,at times,I can be really selfish. So,you are perfect for this role and position"

Krishna smiled and stayed quite. Arhsia returned to her seat and awaited for an answer.

Yudhishthir showered Krishna with various compliments and asked Sahadev to cleanse his feet,as a sign of devotion of the five brothers towards the Dwarka king. The twins made their way to cleanse Krishna's feet with milk and rose. Krishna smiled and blessed the twins. Arhsia stood up and stood a bit behind the 5 brothers and Draupadi. She held the five headed Diya and lighted it up as Draupadi circled it around Krishna. Arjun and Draupadi sought Krishna's blessings as Yudhishthir made his way to complete the last rituals.

Krishna smiled at Yudhishthir and closed his eyes.

Arshia clapsed her hands together and waited for the ritual to be over. Draupadi looked at Arshia and rested her own hands on Arshia's. Turning her gaze to Draupadi,she smiled and leaned closer.

"Wow,empress Draupadi. Yours beauty is so radiating and me,being a married woman,is so flattered by your beauty!Imagine the condition of these lustful men in this court!" Arhsia complained as Draupadi chuckled in reply.

"Do not forget now,Angrani Arshia. Angraj Karna is one of the men in this court" Draupadi teased to which Arshia shrugged. "Honestly I wouldn't blame him,I mean look at yourself. You are really a demi-godess" Draupadi lightly hit Arshia as fake pain appeared in her face.

Krishna peaked through one eye and looked at his sakhis, enjoying themselves and their company. He sighed and waited for Yudhishthir to complete the rituals once in for all.

"May Mahadev always keep my sakhis in peace and happiness"

.
.
.

Thank you!