43:Jarasandh

"Yuvraj Duryodhana is held captive?" Arshia voiced her confusion.

Krishna had gathered the Pandavas, Draupadi and Arshia and broke the news that Duryodhana, Dussahan and Shakuni were held captive by Jarasandh.

"Yes Arshia" Krishna nodded.

"What to do Vasudev?" Bheem beemed.

Krishna laid out a plan to which Arshia didn't pay attention to. The events of Mahabharat ran through her mind but this Jarasandh incident wasn't clear in her mind.

"Excuse me" Arshia whispered and walked out. Krishna's gaze lingered on Arshia until she was completely out of sight. He sighed and continued speaking.

.

"Mata!" Arshia stopped when she heard a child call her. Turning to a large open room to see all of the kids in the room and Abhimanyu calling her. The shine in his eyes and the happiness in his voice attracted her towards the room.

She went on her knees and allowed Abhimanyu to hug her. The giggles of Abhimanyu filled her ears as he hugged her and talked or rapped about all his fun times today.

Tears filled Arshia's eyes. The innocence in his tone,the fragilness in his actions restricted her to beleive that this young soul is going to meet such an unfortunate death.

Abhimanyu pulled away and continued to talk failing to notice the tears in her eyes. Arshia wiped them away and nodded at Abhimanyu, indicating that she was keenly listening to him.

"Arshia" A hurried Karna entered the room. All the kids in the room and Arshia turned to look at Karna, confusion in their eyes. Vrishaketu was rather worried at his father's tensed body language. Karna's eyes fell on his child, Vrishaketu and softened. He shook his head at Vrishaketu assuring him.

"Arshe,may I talk to you?" Karna asked. Arshia nodded and told Abhimanyu that she would spend time with him later. Abhimanyu obediently nodded at her and went to his younger brothers and Vrishaketu.

Vrishaketu wanted to go along with his parents but Abhimanyu held him back and requested to play with him. Smiling reassuringly,he nodded and continued to spend time with the children.

.

"Yes?" Arshia asked entering the guest chamber.

"Is mitr Duryodhana held captive by Jarasandh?" He asked tensely.

The word 'mitr' pierced her heart.

"How could I forget?Karna fought the war as Angraj,not as maharathi Karna" Arshia reminded herself.

"How does it matter Arya?He insulted you-"

"Reminding me about my caste is not an insult Arshia!You were the one who made me understand that!" Karna grew defensive.

"It's not like you don't have a name,is it now?Then you shall call everyone here 'kshtriya',if that's the case! I told you not to be ashamed of your caste!"

A fire of anger ignited in his eyes as he spoke

"Answer my question Arshia"

"And if I don't?"

She fired back.

"I want to save him" Karna bluntly replied.

"And what?Get back Anga?" Arshia raised her eyebrow. "Watch what you are saying Arshia." He warned. "Why else would you want to save Yuvraj Duryodhana?"

"He has done numerous number of favours on me,Arshia!"

"So call him your owner,not your friend!"

"Arshia!"

Karna raised his voice,the fire burning his eyes. Arshia stepped back and stared at his angered-self.

"Don't you dare raise your voice at me,Karna!Even you know I won't keep quiet if your actions,in any way,upset me!" Arshia yelled back.

Karna fell silent as his breaths deepened, trying to sustain his anger and restrict himself from uttering words that he might regret later.

"Don't sustain your anger,you will burst out at some moment but when you showcase your anger make sure how you use your words" Arshia mocked.

"You don't have to mock me Arshia." Karna said harshly. "It's not like if you don't tell me,I won't figure it out"

"Then go,figure it out. You already know he is held captive. You have came to ask it so that you can calm your disturbed mind. Go away,go and safe your dear friend, Angraj Karna"

Arshia turned her heels and walked away,her steps being almost too heavy for the ground beneath.

Karna sighed in distress and,too,walked out taking his bow.

.

"Devi Arshia, Maharathi Karna has informed us to inform you that he will be out of Indraprastha" A servent with her head bowed infront.

In the flow of anger,she ignored the servent and stormed away to the garden.

"Priye Sakhi Arshia! What's with all the anger?" Krishna asked, sitting on the swing. Arshia stared at him and shook her head.

"What has maharathi Karna done to rile you up so much?" He childishly asked, swinging on the swing. "You will get old soon Arshia!I mean just look at your face" He childishly laughed, swinging his hands. Arshia stared at the mirror Krishna had formed and blinked once it disappeared and she was showered with flowers.

Arshia collected the rose petals and clutched it right in her hands. She looked at Krishna as a small smile made up her face seeing him childishly laugh and swing.

"It is supposed to happen,Arshia. I mean of course you can try to change it but it isn't that easy,just to remind you" Krishna shrugged, slowing down the swing. Arshia sighed, shaking her head. Sitting on a cemented chair,she said "Nothing is going to help, Madhav. He is adamant and he won't listen to me"

"Then you just go to with the flow of life then. You can't to anything else"

Krishna said, straightforwardly.

It was so straightforward that Arshia almost doubted his words.

"I wish you were comforting me" Arshia mumbled. "I will take my leave then" Arshia turned her heels and walked out.

"How can you fall vurnarable now Arshia?" Krishna asked. When Arshia turned around,she saw Krishna looking into the clear horizon. She tilted her head,not understanding what he was trying to say.

"I am not" she shook her head.

"You are not?" He questioned, turning his gaze at Arshia. "Doesn't look like it" Krishna walked to her and placed his hand on her shoulder.

"You have a lot more to face,Arshia"

.
.
.
.

Thank you!
Enjoy reading!
Vote.