3: Successor?

The sun rays burned her face as she covered it with her hands. She was wide awake not being able to sleep once again, afraid to witness that scene again.

She sat up and decided to get ready for the day.

.

"Durshala,where are we going?MahaRaja Dhritarashtra is going to announce the successor of the throne." Arshia frowned as she was pulled by Durshala and Subhadra to the same river where she went just a few hours ago.

"Sit. Let the three of us spend some time together!All these tensions are not something we should care about." The three of them at down,their gaze on the strong currents of the river(which had slowed down according to Arshia)

"Arshia,tell us more about yourself. Do have a brother? Sister?" Durshala asked excitedly.

"Yes,I have an older brother and sister,a younger sister,a father and a deceased mother. I remember when I first came to Dwarka,my mother had just passed away and Vasudev wanted to bring me to Dwarka. My mother and father didn't live together—"

"How is that possible?" Subhadra asked shocked. Arshia softly gazed at her and shrugged.

"They had disagreements and it only required one event to split them apart,even a small one would work. But one big event occurred which successfully split them apart. The death of my eldest sister. She loved a guy,another Rajkumar who failed to win her and some other guy did. Not being able to handle the separation,she took her own life, disagreeing to stay with a man who she didn't choose herself. My father blamed my mother because she was the one who choosed the other man. " Arshia couldn't say the whole truth but she said the half and didn't really find herself guilty.

Subhadra and Durshala stared at the girl in pity. The both of them stood up and hugged the girl.

"I didn't recite my story to gain sympathy, Rajkumari(s)." Arshia softly rubbed their back with her hands. The two pulled away and nodded at her to make her believe that they were with her.

"Are you going back to your home?" Subhadra asked. Arshia froze,not having an answer for her.

"I believe Vasudev. The world dances on his instructions and so shall I. " Arshia softly said. Durshala and Subhadra's gaze changed on her.

"Are you...in love with bhrata Krishna?" Subhadra wiggled her eyebrows.

Arshia widened her eyes and suddenly she became attentive.

"No,I am not in love with him. He is a good friend of mine" However she managed to get comfortable and answer Subhadra. Durshala sat back dissapointed as Subhadra laughed at her reaction.

The talking(s) went on within the three until the announcement of the successor was finally over and they were called by the soilders.

.

"That's so unfair!Bhrata Yudhishthir was supposed to be the crown prince" Durshala whined.

The three(or two,Arshia already knew)were infromed that Guru Drona had demanded his fees in the form of war against Panchal and whoever shall win the war will be announced the crown prince.

"Let's wait until the war is over and Hastinapur shall get it's worthy crown prince, Rajkumari Durshala. Maybe this war is for the best." Arshia comforted.

"I know."

"Oh wait." Subhadra stopped causing the two to look back. Durshala asked her what the matter was and she replied

"Uh. Bhrata Krishna told me to give something to Rajkumar Arjun but I forgot. I better give it to him or bhrata is going to taunt me for having a weak memory" Subhadra rolled her eyes.