36: Indraprastha

Arshia carresed Vrishaketu's hair,who laid on his mother's lap asleep. A day had passed and they were nearing Indraprastha,the land of dreams.

The moment they entered Yudhishthir's land,a new fresh air engulfed them. The smell of flowers blessed Arshia's nostrils, making her drunk with the sweet smell. The happiness the people had here warmed her heart. People secretly gawked at Arshia's beauty as her chariot made its way to the royal castle.

Arshia joined her hands and smiled at the passing citizens,who showered her and Vrishaketu with flowers. At this time,he had woken up due to all the commotion and sleep-ly stood, appreciating the citizens. They couldn't help but smile at the cuteness of the Prince of Anga.

As soon as they entered the doors of the palace,Arshia asked the charioter to stop the chariot as she climbed down. Vrishaketu followed, staring at his surroundings, star-stuck. His sleep was long gone and he could not have enough of his surroundings.

"Vrishaketu, let's go" Arshia said, walking to her son who was staring at the flowers. "Mata,we don't have such flowers in Anga" He stated innocently. The sweet and soft smile on her face disappeared on her face but came right back when her son stared up at her.

"I am afraid I can't answer you,dear. But shall we proceed?" He nodded and walked in front of Arshia,still shocked by his environment. She looked up to see the Pandavas and their wife waiting for them. Passing a smile at them,she followed Vrishaketu.

He stopped at the bottom most stair and waited for his mother. Maintaining composure and hiding the sense of excitement in him,he walked along side his mother. He held his chin up and walked confidently, making sure everyone had a good impression on him,the future heir of Ang Pradesh.

Arshia smiled as soon as she put step on the top most stair and bent down to seek blessings of Yudhishthir and Draupadi. They heartly blessed her and turned their attention on Vrishaketu. She took blessings of the remaining 4 Pandavas and Vrishaketu followed her. The love filled gazes of the Pandavas and Draupadi gave Vrishaketu an unknown feeling which reflected love and care.

Arjun bent down infront of Vrishaketu and put his hand on Vrishaketu's cheek,his eyes glowing with an unknown pride.

"You are just like Angraj Karna. You have his firey apperance and you walk like what a true king walks like. You each step reflects how powerfull you might get in the future and you are just two years old"

Vrishaketu's eyes became moist at Arjun's flowing compliments. He blinked the tears away and joined his palms together, making sure Arjun knew he appreciated the comments.

"But you have your mother's honey brown eyes. "

Vrishaketu looked up at Arshia and smiled proudly, feeling a sense of proudness. The day he had started understanding what people said,he was always told he looked like his father,which was a huge compliment in it self.

But even he knew no one could be like his father,the ruler of Ang Pradesh,Karna. He was well aware of what Karna had gone through and Vrishaketu heard people calling him the son of a charioteer,when he had just turned 2. Adhiratha was a charioteer,Arshia had informed him and Vrishaketu couldn't be more proud. Handling a chariot was not child's play and his paternal grandfather being the great Mahamahim's chariotter was something to be proud about.

When he came to know that Ang was simply a gift to Karna by the Yuvraj of Hastina,he felt a pang in his heart. He didn't know how else was his father supposed to gain a kingdom but it wasn't this. After this,he also felt slightly indebted to Hastinapur. He realised all his comfort, luxury and happiness was all a mere gift of Duryodhana.

The humiliation Karna faced couldn't be felt and imagined by no one but him. How his heart must have been squeezed like a soft ball whenever he was called an unworthy husband for Arshia. How he must have felt when someone doubted his talent and power in Archery.