13- Durshala's marriage-6

Time passes in a blink of an eye, especially when you are having one of the best days in your life. From her meeting the mighty God who blessed her to witness the great era of Mahabharat to her waiting for her elder sister at the altar.

The place was decorated elegantly,the light theme of the place gave off homely vibes.

"Putri Arshia,how are you?" Bhishma asked optimistically.

"Amazing, Mahamahim. And you?"

"Better."

Engaged in a conversation with Bhishma,Arshia felt herself calm down. She knew what was going to be the after effects of Durshala's marriage and hated herself for not being able to stop it. Bhishma was an elder personality she didn't have back in her era. Her elder sister giving up on life,her brother pretending and her parents being absent her whole life made her life miserable. But at last she had a person who would consult her and ask her for her opinions. It is fascinating how fast Bhishma got close to Arshia and how he asked her for help in political matters of the kingdom but she is happy at least.

The musicians started to play their instruments as Arshia and Bhishma both turned their attention to a gorgeous looking Durshala. Arshia eyes shined in happiness as she clutched her hands together.

Jayadartha's mother came forward and caressed Durshala's cheeks lovingly as she made her sit beside Jayadartha. Out of shyness, Durshala kept her head low playing with her jewellery.

.

As the Pandit recited the seven promises,the two moved in circles around the holy fire as everyone showered them in flowers. After the wedding,it was time for Durshala to leave.

Standing on the bottom of the stairs of the exist,Arshia bit her lips somehow trying to stop her tears from appearing and escaping her eyes. After Durshala was done seeking goodbyes and blessings from everyone,tears already staining her beautiful face,she came infront of Arshia. She bit her lips but tears didn't stop. Arshia softly smiled and pulled her into a hug. Durshala broke down and cried on her shoulders.

Arshia slowly rubbed her back and whispered comforting words to her. She pulled out and wiped her tears off.

"It's not forever, Durshala jiji. I am sure we will meet from time to time. And whenever I will miss you,I will be coming to Sindh, without being invited"

Durshala laughed and shaked her head. She pulled Arshia closer to her and whispered

"Make sure you and Angraj bond over time,you guys are too slow"

Arshia stepped back and glared at her. Durshala laughed and gave her a final hug, finally going away.

Arshia watched them go away as she clinched the side of dress,the rough parts sightly hurting her. She sighed and turned around to see everyone's saddened face,the queen crying.

.

Arshia sighed, looking at the shining moon while sitting on the swing in the garden,still in her wedding-outfit. She rested her head on the side of the swing and closed her eyes trying to seek some comfort.

Crack!

"Rudra bhai! That's a vase!You are going to hurt your hand" Amiya screamed pulling Rudra aside.

"When is she going to wake up,Amiya? It's been 4 days she was released from the hospital and she is still not waking up!What should I do-

Arshia coughed, opening her eyes and rubbed her chest. Those scenes haven't haunted her for a while...she looked up to see Krishna staring at her with love and admiration,not even a hint of worry in his eyes. She stood up and greeted him.

"Want to go back?To Dwarka?" Arshia widened her eyes at his sudden statement. Her shocked eyes sparkled at the thought of going back to Dwarka, meeting Subhadra and possibly requesting Krishna to go back to her time.

"No,sakhi. You won't be able to go back to your time,you have already made such a huge impact on this era,you dissapearing won't end up well"

Krishna said,his voice missing the playfulness that Arshia adored the most. She frowned sightly,not knowing how he knew what she was thinking but then,he is god.

Arshia slowly nodded at his condition as Krishna smiled.

"But why so suddenly?Why would you want to take me with you when you are the soul reason why I am still in Hastinapur. What was my purpose here?"

"No purpose,Arshia. I just did what I was supposed to do,why would it be for any purpose?"

Arshia shaked her head.

"No,it has to be for something. The only main event was Durshala jiji marriage and I couldn't make any difference-"

"You can't change destiny and fate so easily,sakhi. These events are already written, striking it out and writing something else is extremely difficult and leads to grave consequences"

Krishna walked to her and put his hand on her shoulder.

"Remember that,Sakhi. Consequences,you will try to change destiny and you will pay for it,big time. So, don't try to hint what is going to happen nor try to change it"

Arshia looked up at him and slowly nodded,proccesing what Krishna was telling her.

"But I know it is wrong,how I am supposed to stay quite?"

"Are you ready to pay the prices?"

It seemed as if time had paused. Arshia simply stared at him,not having an exact answer to his question. After a moment of thinking,she nodded her head.

Krishna stared at her,blankly and nodded his head, removing his hand from her shoulder.

"Well, let's leave"

Arshia widened her eyes.

"It's so late at night,how are we supposed to go now?By informing no one"

"Mahamahim knows and that's enough,I mean at least for me. Do you want to inform any one else?" Krishna wiggled his eyebrows,his teasing intents coming right back.

"Have you been taking to Durshala jiji and Rajkumar Duryodhana? You have been influenced by their thoughts. Not execpted, Vasudev"

Arshia shaked her head as Krishna laughed at her defensive nature.

.

"You could have left in the morning too, Vasudev. Why would you travel in the night? that too without any soliders. Atleast putri Arshia should be traveling saver"

Bhishma exclaimed,worried.

"Mahamahim,I am the one who wanted to travel by a horse. And I have Vasudev by my side,I am sure there is nothing to worry about"

Bhishma sighed dis-stressly. He walked to Arshia and patted her head.

"Be safe,Putri and come to Hastinapur from time-to-time" Arshia nodded and smiled.

Krishna made his way up to his chariot seat and Arshia climbed her horse,her stuff carried by that very horse.

She looked back at the Hastinapur palace and sighed,not knowing in what circumstances she would see the palace again.

.
.
.

Enjoy Reading!
Vote!
Thank you!