12: Durshala's Marriage-5

The next morning

"Which one do you like, Rajkumari?" The dasi said her the jewelleries.

"Anything light please. Yesterday's heavy jewellery killed me" Arshia whined as the maids nodded,a small smile played in their lips at her childish-ness.

.

The sounds of her anklets indicated the entry of Arshia as Durshala sighed in relief.

"Arshia,come over here!" Durshala ordered before Arshia could even greet anyone. Arshia frowned at her sudden order but rushed to her none the less.

"Yeah. What's up?" Arshia said leaning down to match her eye level. She tilted her head,not knowing why she was glaring at her.

"You aren't the bride right?Why were you late?"

"I am not late. I am just the last one here. We should start your haldi or you will be all ugly tonight" Durshala hit her head and shaked her head. Arshia laughed and made way for her father to come and apply haldi to her, first. On her way back,she saw Jayadartha smirking at her. She fake smiled and walked away.

"Hello there, Rajkumari" A voice called out as she turned around and smiled brightly at Arjun.

"Hello, Rajkumar. " She smiled.

"Why are you wearing white?You were supposed to wear yellow"

"Who said that?"

"It's pretty self-explanatory"

Arjun jokingly glared at her and shaked his head.

"I like white"

She fakely smiled and turned her attention to the soon-to-be married couple. Duryodhana was done applying haldi on Durshala and now was applying it on Jayadartha. She scrunched her face at his sight as she quickly diverted her attention to Durshala who was being applied haldi by Karna. Durshala looked at Arshia and smirked.

Knowing what she meant,Arshia rolled her eyes and shaked her head. Durshala hurriedly gestured Arshia to come over. Doing what she wanted,just because it was probably her last day or second last day here,she walked over to Durshala.

"Yeah?" Arshia asked, going down to match her level. Durshala indicated her to get closer as she did. Durshala whispered

"Do you want haldi be applied on you?Might as well have our marriages together. Wanna know who the gro—"

Arshia pulled her face away from her ear and shook her head, in disbelief. She stood up and turned around but Durshala grabbed her wrist and pulled her back. Arshia glared at her and gestured her to let her go.

"Everything fine here, Rajkumaris?" Arshia looked up to see Duryodhana with Karna. She shaked her head and tried to pull her wrist out of Durshala's grip,which almost seemed impossible.

"Why are you holding her hand?" Duryodhana asked.

"No reason"

Arshia stopped struggling and glared at her.

"Can you leave me?" Arshia gritted her teeth.

"No. Don't you have to apply haldi on me? Everybody is almost done" Durshala said leaving her wrist.

"Are you sure?All your brothers have?" Arshia raised her eyebrow.

"So what if all of them haven't?There is no rule like that." Durshala replied back. Arshia sighed and sat on her left knee, taking haldi in her hands.

Durshala's teasing and fun intent washed away as she stared at Arshia with love and admiration. It was sad how little time they got to spend with each other but it was all worth it.

Arshia smiled and smeared the haldi all over her face. Durshala softly pushed her away from herself, feeling the haldi enter her mouth. Arshia laughed at her expression.

"You!" Durshala said, grabbing a whole lot of haldi in her hands and grabbed Arshia's hands and smeared it all over her face. She tried to get away but let Durshala do as she pleased.

Durshala backed away and it was her turn to laugh at Arshia's face. She wiped it off her lips and eyes as she smiled at Durshala. She excused herself and walked away to wipe off the haldi.

.

It's been a while to the function and fun and happiness were the only words that could explain it. The elders were engaged in some serious debate which the younger ones didn't pay attention to.

"Arshia,haldi" Durshala said with a mischievous intent in her voice. Arshia looked at her hands and shook her head violently, backing away.

"Oh come one,I just wiped off the whole lot of haldi you applied on my face!"

"You did that to me too!"

"It's your haldi, Durshala jiji. Ofcourse I applied haldi on you!"

"I won't make it ugly,Arshia! Please!"

Durshala pleaded as Arshia eventually gave up. She stopped backing away and let Durshala apply haldi on her.

Durshala,to Arshia's surprise,gently covered the right side of her cheek with haldi and a little the top of her nose.

Being called by her soon-to-be husband,she excused herself and walked away. Arshia gently touched her haldi covered cheek and shaked her head because of how much of haldi was there on her cheek. She stared at her palm which had a good amount of haldi on it.

"What are you staring at?" Arjun asked. Arshia lift her hand and showed him the haldi. Arjun's mouth turned into an 'o' as he nodded. A mischievous smile spread across Arshia's face as she mentally nodded at her idea. Noticing how she was smiling,Arjun raised his eye brow in question. She,in a flash of light,came closer to him and covered his cheeks with haldi. Taking about two steps back,she laughed. Arjun covered his cheeks in surprise of how fast she applied haldi.

He stared at her laughing, naturally a smile coming on his face.

"Bye, Rajkumar Arjun" Arshia said teasingly,running away. Arjun shaked his head and grabbed the haldi, running behind her.

.

"Arshia be careful!" Durshala warned seeing Arshia almost trip over. She passed a thumbs up and tried to run away again but Arjun,with his speed,was already infront of her. She pouted and backed away knowing there was no use to run away know.

Arjun mischievously smiled and applied haldi on the parts where Durshala hadn't already.

Arshia rolled her eyes and bids the party a goodbye, seeing the elders already leaving.

.

"Oh My!" Karna exclaimed seeing Arshia walk down the hall. Arshia nervously laughed.

"It wasn't your haldi,was it?" Karna teased. She laughed and shaked her head.

"Wasn't but Durshala insisted and Rajkumar Arjun smeared it all over my face"

Arshia complained failing to notice how his expression had changed on the mention of Arjun.

"Oh..Okay"

Arshia nodded and bid him a goodbye.

"Arjun"

.
.
.

It hurts.
India lossing hurts.
Australia winning hurts.
Virat Kohli hiding his face with his cap hurts.
Tears in the captain's eyes hurts.
The team crying hurts.
Everything hurts.
I know this chapter is not it but I have no power to edit it.