𝚂𝙴𝚁𝙴𝙽𝙸𝚃𝚈 ᥫ᭡ | 008.

𝚂𝙴𝚁𝙴𝙽𝙸𝚃𝚈 ᥫ᭡
CHAPTER EIGHT.

𝕗𝕚𝕟𝕒𝕝𝕝𝕪 𝕗𝕚𝕘𝕦𝕣𝕖𝕕 𝕚𝕥 𝕠𝕦𝕥

CAELYNN TAYLOR 🤍 |   JULY 23

𝒂𝒕 around four in the morning, caelynn quietly opened her room door and snuck downstairs. she was able to make it to the kitchen where she grabbed a water bottle for herself and then successfully left the house.

it's another sleepless night for, and instead of staring at her tv screen all night like she usually does, she's deciding to take a light night walk. she doesn't exactly know where she's walking to, but she wants to get out of the house and let the humid night air of chicago calm her mind.

she needs something to ease her because right now she feels like she's suffocating. it's a struggle to breathe with all of the thoughts swimming around in her head tonight.

that's what happens when she's left alone.

if only isleigh were awake to keep her sane, but she's not going to bother her friend this late in the night. just because she can't sleep doesn't mean isleigh can't either.

she'll be fine one way or another. she's used to thugging it out alone.

on her way down the driveway, she passed an unfamiliar looking car.

it didn't take her long to figure out who it belonged to. the only other person here was zakiar.

and speak of the devil, he shall appear.

he had followed her out of the house after seeing her leave her room. he was awake because he had slept for awhile earlier and now sleep can't seem to come back to him. nyani was out cold in her blankets, leaving him to fend for himself.

"caelynn," he called her name before she made it far. caelynn rolled her eyes before looking at him over her shoulder. "where you going?" it's four in the morning yet she's leaving the house. by herself at that. she lived in baltimore for crying out loud. she of all people should know the world's a dangerous place — especially for a young female.