UNEXPECTED ENCOUNTERS

The aroma of freshly brewed coffee enveloped Heeseung as he stepped into the cozy ambiance of the cafe, seeking respite from the chaos of the outside world. With a weary sigh, he made his way to the counter, his eyes scanning the menu for something to soothe his frayed nerves.

But as he approached the counter, his breath caught in his throat as he caught sight of the barista behind it. Sunoo stood there, a warm smile lighting up his face as their eyes met in surprise.

"Heeseung?" Sunoo's voice was tinged with disbelief, his eyes widening in astonishment.

Heeseung returned the smile, relief flooding through him at the unexpected encounter. "Sunoo," he greeted warmly, his heart fluttering with a mixture of emotions.

As Heeseung placed his order, Sunoo shook his head, a mischievous glint in his eyes. "No need for that, Heeseung. It's on the house," he declared, his tone firm yet playful.

Heeseung's eyebrows furrowed in confusion, his instinct to protest rising within him. But before he could utter a word, Sunoo held up a hand, his expression earnest.

"It's my treat, just a small welcome-back gift to you," Sunoo insisted, his smile unwavering.

Heeseung hesitated, torn between his pride and the genuine kindness shining in Sunoo's eyes. But in the end, he relented, a soft smile gracing his lips as he accepted Sunoo's gift.

"Thank you, Sunoo," he murmured gratefully, his heart swelling with gratitude for this unexpected gesture of friendship.

As they exchanged pleasantries and shared a moment of camaraderie, Heeseung couldn't help but marvel at the serendipity of their meeting. And as he savored the warmth of the coffee cup in his hands, he couldn't shake the feeling that perhaps, just perhaps, fate had something special in store for them.