𝔼𝕘𝕠𝕤 ℂ𝕝𝕒𝕤𝕙𝕚𝕟𝕘 (9)

"Begone! Begone! Begooone!" Screached the monstrous being

"Begone! Begone! Begooone!" Screached the monstrous being. It charged an attack with its pickaxe(?) towards Deuce.

You noticed the blast about to hit the blue haired male and speedily sprinted towards him. "Watch out!" You slammed your body against his and wrapped a shielding hand on his head. You heard him grunt whilst you both toppled on the ground. You swiftly helped Deuce back on his feet. He was grateful you protected him, though he didn't want you to see that at the moment.

"Aw, crap! He nearly got Loosey-Deucey and Y/n on the ropes! Not on my watch! Heeya!" Ace blasted a spell against the Monster.

"Rrroooarrrgh!" The spell did not appear to do any damage nor harm to it whatsoever.

"Oof!" Ace tumbled backwards. Unfortunately, this time you weren't able to save the ginger from that strike. (deserved -a/n)

"Myaaah! Stay away from me!" Grim yelped. In a desperate attempt, he burst his flames at the Monster.

"Grrraaawrrr!" Just as Ace's spell proved futile, so did Grim's large fire.

"It's like nothin's even hurtin' it!" Grim shouted in distress.

A few brisk flashes of light and sparks caught your eyes. It seemed to have emitted from behind the Monster. "...Did you guys notice that sparkle from behind that thing?"

Ace followed to where your gaze was directed and gasped. "Behind the monster! There's something sparkling in the mineshaft!"

"Could that have been a magestone!?" Deuce's eyes widened further, if that was even possible.

That statement must have snapped a non-existing nerve from the Monster. "GWAAAAAAH! Nooo giiive yooouuu stooooone!" That seems to prove your assumptions correct.

Grim frantically waved his paws around. "Y/n, we need to book it, and fast! That thing's gonna pound us into a paste!" You didn't hope to retreat so soon, though you also knew it was for the best and only for now.

You grabbed Grim and carried him with one hand and called out to the two boys. "Let's retreat for now! Best to run for it." They both nodded.

"GRRRAAAWRRR!" Was the last sound you heard from the Monster before all of you escaped and ran away.

✩░▒▓▆▅▃▂∙∙·▫▫ᵒᴼᵒ▫ₒₒ▫ᴼᵒ▫ₒₒ▫ᵒᴼᵒ▫▫·∙∙▂▃▅▆▓▒░✩

"This should be far enough, I think?" Grim panted out, trying to catch his breath.

"Owwww... What was that thing? No one said there'd be anything like that!" Ace grunted and grumbled.

"That was no normal ghost, that's for sure." Deuce retorted.