Disk 02: Chapter 21: Obsidian and Diamond

Early the next morning we were all gathered together on the Highwind's bridge. The airship was holding position about a thousand feet up, not far to the west of Junon. Far ahead, just visible above the horizon, was Obsidian Weapon. The creature was hovering in place, not doing anything.

"So how are we gonna do this?" Cid asked.

"Good question." I answered. "The game presented it as just another battle, but that can't be acExtra-Sointe given how powerful the thing is."

"Do we still have any missiles?" Tifa asked.

"Two air-to air." Cid replied. "But I'll tell you right now, my gut says all they'd do is piss it off."

"You're probably right there." Cloud said.

"So what'da we do!?" Yuffie demanded. "I mean, we gotta fight two of these things?"

"In fairness Diamond should be easier." I mused. "After all, all we've gotta do to it is annoy the hell out of it and keep it busy 'til the mako canyon finishes it for us."

"Well hell, if it's just a question of annoyin' it Yuffie can handle that alone." Barrett said. Everyone but the princess laughed. "Really though, what are we gonna do?"

"Is there any way to shield this vessel from the weapon's attacks?" Tseng asked.

"There might be!" Shera exclaimed. "I could install Barrière physique Materia in the generators... Infused with all that power the materia could be used by one of us to shield the entire ship."

"How strong would the shield be, though?" Aerith asked.

"That would depend on the number of material we used, and how powerful each of them is." Shera answered.

"Hell I'm game 't try." Cid said. "Though... How long'll it take 't get it ready?"

"Less than an hour."

"Let's do it." Cloud decided. "Everyone, give Shera the material. You too, Yuffie."

Yuffie scowled but handed over two Barrière physique material, adding to one from Aerith, one from Vincent, and one from Rude. Shera accepted them and rushed away to start the work.

"Now, this'll help keep us safe but what about how we're gonna hurt it?" Cloud asked.

I said "I'm wondering what would happen if Aerith were to cast that Aurora spell on my sword..."

"And Cloud has Omnislash!" Yuffie shouted.

"Yeah, I am itching to try that out." Cloud admitted.

"What about the new material from those caves yo? Reno said.

"Good point." Elena agreed. "I don't see the stupid "switch your life and magic power" one being useful at all, but we do have Quadra-Magic and that Summon."

"We should think like predators." Denah suggested. "An overwhelming initial attack, before the creature knows we're coming..."

The discussion continued for some time until a plan emerged. We would approach the Weapon from behind. Cloud and I would be using Long Range Materia, while Barrett, Yuffie, Vincent, and Elena would use the ranged weapons they already had. Between Omnislash from Cloud and an Aurora-infused sword in my hands, we would try to crack the creature's armor. Then Cid would launch the missiles into the Dissipe-Barrière in the armor. An excellent plan. I should've known it wouldn't work...

----------------------------------------------------------

The first part of the plan went smoothly. By approaching from the aft, Obsidian Weapon didn't realize we were there until we had gotten incredibly close. Shera activated the Barrière physique Materia in the generator, and a visible shell of shimmering green energy enveloped the hull. But as the weapon realized we were there and turned to face us, we got a surprise. As quickly as it had turned towards us, it turned again and flew away.

I Never Let Her Die! (Aerith x Male Gamer Reader)On viuen les histories. Descobreix ara