Drunk In Love

Summary: Taylor comes home drunk after the Golden Globes and Travis takes care of her for the night.

                                     ...............

"C'mon, man! It's gonna be awesome! Tons of alcohol and weed. You have to come!" Patrick complained while on the phone with Travis. It was around 6:30 and Patrick was trying to get Travis to come out to a party he was having.

"I'm sorry, man. I can't." Travis replied.

"Why not?" Patrick asked, frustrated by the fact that his best friend couldn't pull up to his party.

"I gotta watch the Golden Globes." Travis replied, smiling.

"Seriously? You're ditching my party to watch a fuckin' award show. You can't be for real right now." Patrick groaned, and Travis definitely understood his frustration, but he didn't wanna miss this.

Travis remained silent for a couple seconds and the realization finally set in on Patrick. "Oh, your girl gonna be there?" He asked.

"Yeah, I wanna watch it." Travis replied and Patrick sighed. "So, you're skipping out on tons of alcohol and weed to watch your girl at an awards show for three hours?" He asked and Travis nodded, even though Patrick couldn't see him. "Yep!"

"Man, that's love, right there." He replied and Travis chuckled. "I gotta go, man. It's starting soon."

"Okay, bye man!" Patrick yelled over the loud music blaring where he was. They hung up and Travis went to the kitchen to grab the dinner Taylor made for him before she left. He told her that he could just order something or make something himself but she insisted on making him a nice lasagna before she left.

She made it at five and left at six. Travis wanted to wait to eat it until the award show started but it definitely wasn't easy. He made it, though!

He sat down on the couch with his lasagna and a coke, turning on the tv. It was a few minutes before seven so for now they were just showing everyone walking the red carpet. Travis put a piece of the food in his mouth and almost chocked on it when the camera cut to Taylor, about to walk on the red carpet.

She looks so beautiful, he thought to himself. She wouldn't let him see her outfit when she was wearing it. It's the element of surprise, baby. She said to him.

He had his eyes fixated on his gorgeous girlfriend as she walked the red carpet in a beautiful green dress while paparazzi screamed her name and took pictures.

The screen continued to show different people walking the carpet until the show finally started. The host came on screen, someone named Jo Koy, who Travis has never heard of, but he's not really focused on the host anyway.

He starts the monologue, talking about the basic things hosts talk about, the celebrities in attendance as well as the projects they were in.

"Oppenheimer is based on a 721 page Pulitzer Prize winning book about the Manhattan project... and Barbie is on a plastic doll with big boobies!"

Travis rolled his eyes. This hasn't even been on for three minutes and this guy is already bombing, Travis thought. In my opinion, Barbie was better than Oppenheimer. I've seen both and I've always been a fan of war movies but Barbie was just more entertaining and fun to watch. Travis watched it in theaters with Jason and rented Barbie with Taylor at their house.

Does this guy really think that was the message of Barbie, Travis inwardly groaned. 'Cause the message I took from the movie was the struggles that women face in the world and that the Barbie's treatment of Ken is a way of saying that that's the men's treatment of women in the real world. Made perfect sense to me. Travis shrugged.