[10] ᴅᴇᴀᴛʜ

Everything makes me want to scream and yell at everyone. With the help of Katrina, she helps me down the stairs and into the car, waving me goodbye.

I also tell myself goodbye because whatever freedom I have left will be taken away.

The limo ride feels like years. There's nothing but trees for miles and I'm extra careful with what I do because one wrong move and the driver could kill me without anyone finding my body.

Soon, we arrive and the steps of the church take me a while to get up but eventually I make it to the top, walking through the door.

Capo is the first person to lay his eyes on me and I watch as Damien turns around, following his line of sight. Capo rolls his eyes, scoffing. His son snaps his head towards him, giving him a threatening look and he goes to sit down with the rest of the people in the church who were waiting patiently. Damien's eyes rake all over my body as I move towards him and when he's caught staring, he doesn't look like he cares.

"Wait, I still haven't done my makeup yet," I grab his arm subconsciously and he stares at my hand then back at me. I let go, clearing my throat and he points to the door.

The foyer of the church is where I wouldn't expect to get ready. A whole team of artists show up and they immediately start working on Damien and I, six of them in the back setting up an entire table of equipment.

My makeup artist works on my cheeks as Damien's helper touches up on his hair.

I've never been married before but I don't think this is actually how engaged people get ready for their wedding. We aren't supposed to be facing and staring the other person down until one folds. 

I don't want to even look at him but I can't be the first to back down. 

"I'm not kissing you" I cross my arms, grimacing at the idea of our lips ever touching but he quickly pulls my wrist.

We've had our little moment that night but that's all it was.

"If you don't kiss me, I'll slit your fucking throat,"

He squeezes my wrist harder and a couple of heads turn when I gasp but they quickly dismiss it, too scared of what Damien will do.

"Aren't you romantic" I mock, ripping my arm out of his grasp.

I turn around, heading for the exit door but I see him in the reflection of the glass, staring me down. And I can feel it too. 

He follows behind me and I mentally curse him for being a pain in the ass. I wish Nikolai was here to save me from him but then again, he wouldn't want to interfere with whatever Damien wants so it's not ideal. 

"Done!" The two of them say at the same time.

Damien walks in first, going to stand at the altar with Capo and my wedding nerves build up. Not because I love him or anything but because I'm scared to give up the rest of my life to him. But then again, we could always divorce or act like nothing has changed.

The doors shake and my heart drops, thinking they were about to open.

I'm not ready for this.

Beads of sweat start forming on my forehead and a heavy weight grows in my stomach. My makeup artist gets a napkin and starts to wipe around the edges of my face.

I force an apologetic smile and he grabs both my hands comfortingly.

"You have nothing to worry about," he leans in and lowers his voice to a whisper. His accent is vaguely present but he speaks perfect English, "You'll probably never see any of these people again,"