[8] ᴀꜰꜰʟɪᴄᴛɪᴏɴ

"You can stay a little longer,"

He shoves me back onto the bed, my smile slightly fading,

"I'm being serious, I have to meet my father."

He doesn't process a word I said as he grabs both my legs, pulling me towards him. A wicked laugh slips from his lips and I shake my head hoping that would be enough to stop him.

"You are mine and only mine, I want you to remember that, Bella."

I hiss at the sharp pain in my hand. My fingernails were tightly tucked into a fist while I was sleeping, making semi-bloody nail marks in my skin.

The same exact dream again.

The time reads 6.32 from the clock on the wall and I figure that staying awake is the best thing for me to do since I have to wake up in an hour.

Hotels aren't the best thing in the world so Nikolai got us a penthouse to stay in. But even in this big space, it feels like I'm still suffocating. 

I put my joggers over my leggings and head straight for the elevator. As I pass the mirror, there are many flaws about me that I wouldn't normally let anyone see but my physical appearance can wait. 

The door opens on the ground floor and I walk down the stairs and out of the door. 

I was running like my life depended on it because in some way, it was. 

Down the road and away from the main city, I'm hoping there's some sort of escape from the hell I'm living in.

I haven't heard from my father in two weeks and my life is slowly falling apart. The worst fear I have is abandonment.

No. 

Actually, my worst fear is being used and having nothing left. Nothing like that can happen again. Not after Chase.

Fuck this.

I stop running and my chest heaves up and down. The cars go past in a blur and I realize how dizzy I'm getting. 

A hand grips my waist and I don't hesitate at all. My hand instantly reaches for my thigh holster, grabbing a knife. I plunge it deeply into the right side of their chest swiftly and their silence that follows is deafening to my ear. 

The little color in my face drains as I'm met with Sage. 

His body falls limp and all of his weight is put onto me but I push him off, taking back my blade from his wound.

I'm a mess.

Rolling his body to the outer edge of the sidewalk, I run back to the hotel. The blood on my shirt sticks to my skin and the sweat on my forehead drips down my entire face. 

I refuse to believe the last thirty minutes have actually happened.

Sage is still alive. 

I have my life together.

As long as I continue to tell myself this, I'll be fine. The elevator dings and the doors open without a sound. 

I spend the next fifteen minutes cleaning myself up and when I try to get the blood out of my shirt, I can't bring myself to even touch it.

I'm not a killer.

I don't even know why I carry these knives around everywhere with me. The room door is slightly ajar and Nikolai's shadow appears from around the corner, meeting my heavy eyelids