Chapter Eleven

"I can't believe we did that... and YOU were the one who initiated it! Are you out of your mind?" Mina's eyes widened in shock as they strolled through the base.

Simon let out a low, amused chuckle and placed his arm around her shoulders. "No one important saw us, don't worry."

No one that will ever matter again, that's for sure. He thought to himself, still reeling from the image of König's shock and confusion as he watched Simon ravishing Mina for all to see.

In a flash of movement, König emerged from the shadows and charged at Simon, tackling him to the ground. The two figures crashed into the dirt, their bodies colliding with a loud thud. Simon's head hit the ground with a jolt, the impact reverberating throughout his body. He could feel König's weight on top of him as König wrapped his hands around his throat.

König's face twisted with rage as he hissed through clenched teeth, "You fucking cunt. I should have put a bullet in your head two years ago." Simon's lips curled into a sinister grin as he replied, "Jealousy is an ugly color on you, Colonel. Can't you see that my Shadow prefers Ghosts to Kings?" His fingers tightened around König's wrist, forcing him back and relieving the pressure around his throat. König's eyes burned with fury as he struggled against Simon's grip, determined to make him pay for taking Mina away from him.

Mina's blood runs cold as she sees the two men locked in a vicious struggle. Without hesitation, she screams at König, her voice echoing with urgency and fear. "König hört sofort damit auf!" (König, stop this right now!) The sound of his fist connecting with Simon's face is like a gunshot, sending shockwaves through her body. She winces as she watches, her senses screaming at her to do something, anything to stop this. The impact of König's fist on Simon's face causes blood to pool, soaking his balaclava. Mina can see the rage and determination in both men's faces, illuminated by the moonlight.

If I attack him, he'll easily overpower me. What the fuck do I do? She instinctively reaches to her side, where her gun would normally be but it's not there. FUCK! My knife! Where is my damn knife?! She frantically searches all her pockets while she watches the two men trade blows for what feels like an eternity.

She finally finds the hilt of her knife in her boot, the cool metal familiar and comforting in her trembling hand. Simon now had König pinned on the ground. As Simon's fist collides with König's face, Mina sees the impact in slow-motion, the skin on König's face rippling like water on a pond. She watches the violence unfold, her eyes drawn to the blood already flowing from his nose.

"Should've killed me, yeah? We should've wiped out Kortac when we had the bloody chance." Simon growled as he began to reach for his gun. He saw nothing but red. He wasn't thinking, his rage overpowering any other rational thought in his head.

König, teeth clenched and eyes blazing with determination, used all his strength to throw Simon off him. Leaping to his feet, he rushed towards Simon's discarded pistol a few feet away.

"No!" Mina shouted, her blood roaring in her ears. She launched herself at König just as he reached the gun. With a swift upward swing, she placed her knife against his throat. "That's enough! Trau dich verdammt noch mal nicht. (Don't you fucking dare.) She growled, pressing the sharp blade against him.

König's breath slowed as his eyes pivoted from Simon to Mina. A sinister laugh erupted from deep within him. "Bist du in ihn verliebt, mein Mädchen?" (Are you in love with him, my girl?)