Chapter Three

"Alright, listen up, everyone," Commander Steel began, his voice booming with authority. "Today's mission is critical. We've received intel about a top-secret prototype that the enemy is developing at a heavily guarded facility. It's located deep in the Transylvanian Mountains of Romania. Our task is to retrieve it without alerting the enemy to our presence."

The team members leaned in, their focus unwavering as they absorbed every word. The Commander continued, "The facility's layout and security are similar to what we encountered during the recent practice simulation." He looked towards Mina and Simon, acknowledging their leadership during the simulation. "The success of that simulation showed us that you two can effectively lead your teams in high-stakes operations like this."

Commander Steel continued, "Today's objective mirrors the simulation closely. We'll split into two teams again, with Ghost leading one and Shadow leading the other. Your missions are twofold: avoid detection at all costs and retrieve the prototype without a trace."

He emphasized the importance of the mission, knowing that the prototype held the potential to tip the balance of power in their favor. "We cannot afford any mistakes," he warned. "This is a highly sensitive operation, and we must remain undetected."

Mina's eyes glinted with a fierce determination as she listened to the commander's briefing. Simon's posture remained rigid, his jaw clenched, taking in every detail, every word, preparing himself mentally for what lay ahead.

"You've trained for this. Now it's time to put that training into action," Commander Steel declared. "Remember, teamwork is crucial. Trust your fellow soldiers, and never lose sight of the mission objective."

As the commander's final words hung in the air, the members of Task Force 141 nodded in unison, their resolve solidified. There was no room for mistakes, no time for hesitation. Failure was not an option.

Moments later, the team assembled in the aircraft hangar, each member donning their specialized gear. Mina checked her weapons with expert precision, the familiar weight of her equipment bringing a sense of comfort amid the tension. Mina meticulously attached silencers to her pistols, her fingers working with swift precision. As she secured the last one in place, she caught Soap's gaze. A playful glimmer danced in her eyes as she winked at him, a mischievous smile playing on her lips. "Can't be a shadow if I'm loud, right?" she quipped, her voice laced with a hint of humor.

Soap chuckled, appreciating her quick wit. "Well said, Shadow," he replied, with a wink. "Stealth is your specialty, after all."

Simon stood nearby, observing the exchange. He may not fully trust her yet, but he couldn't deny her skills. The thought of her, finally being by his side in this mission, brought a mix of anticipation and wariness.

"Lock and load, team," Commander Steel's voice boomed over the hangar's intercom. "Time to go to work."

With practiced efficiency, the team boarded the aircraft, their movements fluid and synchronized. As the aircraft's engines roared to life, anticipation filled the air.

The aircraft soared through the night sky, flying low and fast over the rugged terrain of rural Romania. The team members were secured, each with their gear and parachutes at the ready. The tension inside the aircraft was palpable, the silence broken only by the steady hum of the engines.

Simon, standing by the cargo bay, glanced back at his team. His eyes met Mina's, and for a brief moment, an unspoken understanding passed between them.