The Line Between Friend & Foe

Y/N woke up from his sleep and this time he found himself in front of the dragon once more. 

Dragon: You seem to have walked into a messy situation. 

Y/N: You can say that again. First it was with Beast and that other world of hers. Now the phantom versions of Ruby and Yang are out their free. All because I wasn't careful enough. 

Dragon: Do you still blame yourself for that day.

Y/N sat down on the ground and got upset after hearing that. 

Y/N: Because of me I didn't stop those nightmare grimms from evolving into phantoms. They took a portion of their souls and ate them.

Dragon: And in order to save them, you gave them a portion of your magic. Something that foolish master of yours said not to do.  

Y/N soon looked to his right hand and then clenched his fist in anger as he began to think about that day.

A Few Years Back

Y/N was inside the temple of souls a place where Ruby and Yang's soul was. Y/N was facing off against two grimms. As Y/N was taking on one of them the other began to pound away at the barrier that protect the soul crystals. One that was crimson red and the other that was amber gold. A young Y/N was knocked back by the grimm that had attacked him Y/N then pulled out a ring and placed it on his left hand.

Hurricane, Please! Fu-Fu, Fu-Fu-Fu-Fu!

Y/N: I need more power.

Y/N pulled out a golden ring and placed it on his right hand. he then placed his right hand on his driver. 

Twister, Please!

Y/N soon pointed it at the grimm that was attack the barrier as it started to create several cracks on it. 

Y/N: Don't you dare hurt my family!

Soon a several wind blades came through a magical portal in front of Y/N and cut the grimm's arm but as he manage to hit the grimm his blades as well cut the barrier causing it to break. 

Y/N: No!

Y/N then pulled out another ring and swapped it out from his right hand. He then placed his right hand once more on his driver. 

Dragon Raise, Please!

Soon the dragon immediately came through a magic circle and roared at the grimm as it dashed and took one of the grimm away Y/N soon focused on the one that was getting closer to the soul crystal. Y/N then pulled out his WizarSwordGun and charged at the grimm as he placed his left hand on his weapon he took aim at the grimm as it was getting closer to the soul crystal.

Y/N: I won't let you consume their soul!

Hurricane, Shooting Strike!

Y/N soon took some shots at the grimm but as he took the shot the grimm soon dodged the attack and soon took a bite of Ruby's soul gem and the grimm that was fighting the dragon was able to escape the dragon's reach took a bite of Yang's soul crystal. 

Y/N: No!

The grimm soon turned grey and then their bodies turned grey and their bodies began to turn to ash. After the bodies of the grimm disintegrated into ash two human like figures stood as the ash surrounded them. 

Y/N: What in the world? Ruby? Yang?

The two figures soon looked to Y/N with their red piercing eyes. As Y/N was ready to fight them. The girls soon smiled at him and then ran to him extending their arms.