Chapter 1 ~L'appel téléphonique

{AN:This story was previously under the title of "love affair" but that literally had nothing to do with the story so I changed it.
I decided to just reconstruct the whole story adding in some more details and taking out all the cringy stuff. But again this is still my first fanfiction and it's shitty as fuck though I tried to not make it so stereotypical.}

WARNING:THIS STORY DEVELOPS AT A VERY FAST PACE IF YOU WANT A GOOD SLOW PACE STORY I RECOMMEND MISFIT OR THE BENEFITS PROJECT. EVEN THOUGH THAT STORY KILLED ME.

Dan's P.O.V
I wake up to the terribly obnoxious noise coming from my phone. Ever since I dropped it in that bucket of glue, anytime my alarm goes off, it makes this horrific sound like some kind of choking goose. Sitting up, I groan at the pains in my lower back from my slightly uncomfortable bed. I turn over to my night stand and reach for the cracked iPhone 4. I smile as I read the name illuminating the screen and quickly answer the call.

"Hi Skylar." I say tiredly, the morning not doing my voice any good.

"Hey." She spoke rather quietly.

"Are you okay? Usually you're full of energy this time of day." I say concern laced all through my words. Her end of the line went silent making me enter that dangerous black hole that I call my mind. Maybe something happened to her family and I'm not there to comfort her. What if she lost her house and has no where to stay? What if she has a life threatening disease!? My imagination runs wild as I go through all the possible scenarios until she finally speaks up.

"Dan." she said, and with that tone she didn't even need to finish because I already had an idea of what she was gonna say. "I don't think we're going to work anymore." As she finished I could hear the gush of wind on the other end of the line as she released the air she was holding.

I never knew that such a small sentence could destroy my whole world until now. I couldn't say anything, it's like my voice decided to pack up and go on holiday. I didn't know what I did wrong, I mean come on, I'm like the best boyfriend you could have. I took her on dates, talked to her everyday, and even brought her gifts every now and then. I put all my love and effort into this relationship so why is it not working?

"Dan?" She asked quietly. "Are you still there?"

"What did I do wrong?" I spoke. "Am I not giving you enough attention, are the dates not good enough? Do they need to be better, because I can make them better." I rambled.

"NO, I mean no Dan it's just... I'm not as attracted to you as I used to be."

"Skylar-" I tried to speak but she interrupted me.

"Plus we've literally been dating for almost a year and we haven't even had sex yet." She spat.

Is this why she was breaking up with me? This dumb ass bitch is seriously dumping me because I didn't fuck her till she couldn't walk every week? Tch. I honestly was shocked but kind of expected this, she probably just wanted to get in my pants this whole time and was tired of waiting for me to be ready. Suddenly, a wave of anger shot through me.

"All of your shit will be on the side of the road in 5 minutes, so I suggest you hurry up and get it, before the homeless man on the corner takes it." and with that I hung up and started collecting her crap in a large box and threw it off my balcony. I flop down on my sofa in the lounge and run a lazy hand through my fringe.

"Did that really just happen?"

.
.

"Shit!" I utter. I was too lost in my thoughts to notice how much time had slipped by.

I have 15 minuets to get to work and I look and smell like someone who's been living in a dumpster for five months. I run to my bedroom, completely out of breath by the time I reach the door and sloppily throw on my clothes and straightening my hair. Spraying a crap load of Axe on my body I grab my wallet, keys and dash out the front entrance and down the street.

At this point I'm dodging people, jumping trashcans, and diving over cars. I actually feel like I'm about to throw up my lungs right now. Finally, I get to work and check my phone seeing I have 5 minutes to spare. I don't know how I did that and I'm not gonna question it. I walk through the door of the small electronic shop breathing heavy with a huge scowl on my face.

"Sup D to the Hizzel!" my co-worker Cat says enthusiastically. I roll my eyes and ignore her, still in a bad mood from this morning. Her face scrunches up a little in confusion but thankfully doesn't question. I start to walk to the back room when my manager walks in.

"Good morning Dan." he says with that stupid smile on his face. "Can I have a few words with you?"

"Why?" I reply with enough venom to probably kill him. I mean, I know it's not his fault about what happened but I don't have anything else to release my anger on. He looks a little taken back but still continues.

"Its about your vacation days next week, I'm sorry but we're going to have to cancel them."

"YOU'RE GONNA HAVE TO WHAT? THAT'S LITERALLY THE ONLY WEEK I HAVE OFF ALL YEAR." I shout.

"Look Dan." he says calmly. "I know you're a little upset but we just can't afford to be short on people next week."

"I FUCKING COULD CARE LESS ABOUT WHAT YOU CAN AND CAN'T AFFORD, IM GETTING MY GOD DAMMED VACATION NEXT WEEK."

"If that's the case then you won't be needing to clock in today." He says. "or any time in the future." And he turns away walking into the back room but not before adding in his last comment.

"You're fired, mate." My anger became darker than before sending me into a rage. I stormed out of the store knocking over everything in my path for him and Cat to clean up. I know it's my fault I got fired and I'm pretty much acting like a spoiled brat but I've never been this angry before. When I get outside I start basically stomping back to my apartment.

I start to cross the street, my eyes being so glossed over that I didn't not even hear the giant truck heading my way. I was shocked and couldn't move like those characters in the movies. I brace myself for impact but instead of a hard metal truck I feel a warm, soft arm wrap around my waist and pull me back.

"You could have gotten killed you know, what were you doing?" The person said.

As I turn around to make a sarcastic reply I see a very stunning male with jet black hair, pale skin, and the most beautiful blue eyes. I start to feel my checks heat up. I'm 22 years old, why am I blushing?

"I-I uh." I stutter, scolding myself for looking stupid in front of the man.

"Just be careful and actually look the next time you cross the street." The raven haired man said.

"O-okay, thank you for helping me." I reply. Why am I so nervous in front of this guy and how come I can't talk normally?

"You're welcome!" He giggles and his tounge pokes a little out the side of his mouth and he walks away.

So now I'm left in the middle of the busy side walk with what I can guess, bright pink cheeks and a loss for all words except one.

"Wow."
.
.
.
.
{AN:So that was the first chapter which has been cleaned of all (well tried to be cleaned) cringe worthy content. But yeah I really wasn't proud of this story like I was when I first started writing it which was like last June and decided to redo it. Because like yah know all of the good fanfiction I read always has some kind of character development and this story is kind of just like they meet and bang they're boyfriends which personally I don't like so yeah I'm talking too much and no one is probably not even gonna read this so bye}