022!

Feeling a small rise in the area below her head, Ay'yeiva slowly became conscious

She brought her hand up to her face to wipe the tiredness from her eyes before laying it on the surface just below her face.

The body below her could feel her movements, using their arms to keep her where she was by wrapping them tightened around her waist.

Ay'yeiva fully opened her eyes as she faced him, her head laying on his chest, "Neteyam, wake up"

She watched as his face sat peacefully; not a care in the world besides the girl he had been laying with.

He began to smile through his sleep when Ay'yeiva rested her head to the side.

"Ma'yeiva, let me sleep. We both had a late night, I don't understand how you are up this early" He spoke with a raspy voice, it being only the earliest hours of the morning with sunlight just peeking through the trees they were surrounded by.

Ay'yeiva laughed before going to sit up completely. This made Neteyam groan.

"Come on, you big baby!" She gently placed her hands on his face, waiting for him to open his eyes.

They stayed shut.

The girl let her hands fall from his face as she stood up, whispering to herself, "I guess I'll just have to go back to the village and get to work"

She started walking away slowly as she heard shuffling behind her. Soon enough she felt a hand be placed on her arm and turn her around.

She came to face the boys chest as he had pulled her into a hug, "No, no, no. Today is your day off — no work"

She laughed at his words.

Neteyam's hands rubbed up and down along Ay'yeiva's back as they stood there.

Something different about this morning compared to the last was that not only was Ay'yeiva now an adult, but she had also woken up with a mate.

Heat rose to her cheeks as she remembered the previous night, Neteyam being able to tell what she was thinking of by the look on her face.

"Loved it that much you're already reminiscing?" He laughed, placing a small kiss on her head.

She playfully hit him, although not much was done as he had her trapped in a hug.

"You can say it Ma'yeiva, you loved last night — I know you did"

She rolled her eyes and turned her head lower to hide her flush, Neteyam using one of his hands to turn her attention to his face.

He rubbed his thumb along her chin before leaving down to her and placing a firm kiss on her lips.

Ay'yeiva instantly became less embarrassed about the fact she had already been thinking of their shared moment, melting into the taller boys arms as she let her hands make their way around his neck.

She pulled away from the kiss and hugged him instead, her arms now above his.

It was quiet for a moment, Neteyam returning the hug.

"I love you, Neteyam"

The boy felt her become less tense when she spoke, repeating the same words to her, "I love you too, Ay'yeiva"

・゚゚・。.・゜゜・

"Ay'yeiva!"

The newest adult of the clan turned to face the voice of her sister. She and Neteyam had returned to their respective pods for the remainder of the morning, Ay'yeiva opting to sit by the water on the area just outside their pod entrance.

Before she could even realize it, Tsireya was running up to her and tackling the older girl in a hug, "Today is your first day as an adult! What will you do?"

Ay'yeiva spoke as she let go from the embrace, Tsireya taking a seat next to her, "I don't exactly know. Come to think of it today doesn't feel much different than all the other days. I imagine there will be more work but knowing how father has been preparing me—"

"Okay, I'm going to stop you right there"

Ronal had come almost out of nowhere, walking up to the two girls from inside their pod. Neither of them knew the woman had been awake, let alone awake enough to make out what they were saying.

The girls watched as their mother came to sit in between them, placing an arm around each of their shoulders, "Have I ever told you what happens to the 'next in line' once they become an adult?"

Ay'yeiva and Tsireya shook their heads, leaning their heads on Ronal's shoulders as she began to speak.

"The night of the ceremony is often when many think that their life now must be ridden to work and chores. However, it is actually quite the opposite."

Ay'yeiva grew confused, having never heard anyone ever refer to the aftermath of the ceremony in such a way.

"Usually the first task the new adult is set with is finding a mate," Ronal rubbed her eldest's arm as she laughed, "But I have a feeling that has already been taken care of"

Tsireya gasped, placing a hand on Ay'yeiva's leg and the other over her mouth, "Who? When? Who?"

Ay'yeiva and Ronal looked to Tsireya with rather — questionable looks, for lack of better word. I mean sure, Ay'yeiva and Neteyam hadn't been boasting their affection out in the open but they definitely hadn't been trying to hide it.

They let Tsireya think for a moment before her eyes finally lit up, "Oh my goodness!?! It was Neteyam!"

Ronal laughed at her daughters before calming them down and continuing the story, "Since you have already gotten that taken care of, the next thing you are tasked to do is create your own pod."

Ronal quieted down her voice, "This is the part your father may not be all that pleased with,"

Tonowari had stepped out of the pod, "What won't I be pleased with?"

Ronal held a small look of shock as Ay'yeiva and Tsireya laughed, not realizing her mate could hear her when she spoke so quiet.

"Oh nothing, just that your daughter is already onto task 2 of her 'post-ceremonial duties'"

Tonowari nodded, glad his daughter was already being so productive only a day into her being an adult.

He started to walk away before quickly turning around, "Wait, you have mated?"

Ay'yeiva's face flushed once again, having not prepared for when she would have to tell her father.

Her worries washed away when he spoke again, standing up straighter before he turned away from the three women, "I knew I made the right choice"

____
made especially with ICPsluut in mind
you do not know how much this one comment motivated me to write this chapter - i love you so much for this 🫶😭