020!

Eclipse fell sooner than Ay'yeiva and Neteyam had anticipated, spending nearly the entire morning together on the beach before the girl had to leave to get ready for her ceremony

"Do you have to leave?" Neteyam held onto Ay'yeiva's waist loosely as she began to walk away from him.

"Yes, Neteyam. If I don't go now then we have to wait a whole more day and I have been waiting for this moment my whole life"

Neteyam watched her eyes grow as she spoke, pulling her close to him for one last kiss before she left him for the rest of the day.

It was short and sweet, Neteyam wanting Ay'yeiva to feel as if soemthing was missing so she would come crawling back to him later in the day.

His plan worked, the girl giving him a blank look after he stopped the kids, "You have places to be, don't you?"

A small smirk plastered itself on her face, beginning to walk away, "Two can play at this game, Neteyam!"

・゚゚・。.・゜゜・

Everyone in the village swam on their ilus and skimwings towards the Cove of Ancestors.

Just mere days after the battle against the skypeople was the clan celebrating one of the most important moments in a young Na'vi's life; their "Becoming Ceremony", the event that would officially mark them as an adult.

However, this one was different from the rest. Ay'yeiva was not only becoming an adult but she was also becoming officially the next leader of the clan.

She was dressed in the traditional ceremonial clothing the ancestors had spent weeks making for her, using the beads, shells, and materials Ronal had collected over the years as symbols for important events in her daughters life.

The sky grew dark as eclipse started, the plants in the cove of ancestors glowing around them.

Ay'yeiva detached her cue from her skimwing before fully entering the water, swimming over to the main shore Ronal and Tonowari had been waiting at and kneeling with her bottom half in the water, Ronal and Tonowari up to their knees in the water.

Everyone in the village had gathered into the cove, spreading out in a circle around the three of them for the ceremony to continue.

Ronal had a bowl of paint beside her, letting Ay'yeiva close her eyes as she picked it up and dipped her fingers in it. Ronal used her hands so form a pattern on her eldest's face, one that would soon be turned into the girls first tattoo that would symbolize her becoming ceremony.

From where the Sully's were asked to be positioned in the group, being the family of the future leaders mate, Neteyam was almost close enough to Ay'yeiva to see each individual glowing freckle of hers.