021!

"Neteyam!"

"Neteyam!"

Ay'yeiva jumped slightly, not expecting the boy to come out of nowhere.

The party portion of the ceremony was in full swing, leaving the adults to separate from the children for the night as they left them in the hands of the older children.

Normally Ay'yeiva was the designated babysitter for her parents and their close friends, but now that she was an adult she didn't have to watch her siblings or any of the little ones.

Instead she had joined the parent's party, taking her first night of officially being an adult to let the life sink in.

Neteyam, being only a little younger than the girl, had been welcomed to the party despite not yet being an adult. The fact that he was to be Ay'yeiva's mate also played a big part in letting him stray away from babysitting duties as well.

Neteyam held onto her shoulders, turning her to face him as the group of people she had been talking to left her side.

"How has your first day been so far?" He whispered softly by her ear, rubbing his hands up and down the sides of her arms.

She shivered at the sound, watching as he started to reach for her hands, "Amazing! How has your day been?"

He smiled, "Great, now that I'm back with you again. But,"

Ay'yeiva playfully threw her head back, "Of course there's a 'but'"

Neteyam used his hood in her hands to pull her closer to him, "There is something I would like to talk to you about, which might make my day 1000% better"

She looked into his eyes, one's that held hope. She didn't know what he had wanted to talk about, so followed him as he pulled her somewhere they could talk.

Neteyam led her a ways away from the party, all the way through to the other side of the village and on the edge of the forest.

"Neteyam, what kind of conversation is so important that it couldn't of happened where we were?"

The boy had slowed down his pace, the eager on his face not falling as he gently pulled Ay'yeiva to be in front of him, guiding her through the forest path with his hand on her lower back.

She didn't get a response in return.

Walking a bit further, Ay'yeiva recognizing the path from when Neteyam had introduced her to his Ikran, Ay'yeiva's eyes widened.

Sure, she had known the planet of Pandora held its many natural beauties, but she had never seen the forest of her own home how she currently was.

The trees and grass around her had been enveloped with glowing plants, lighting up the area under the dark sky. Neteyam studied Ay'yeiva's body and facial features as she examined the area he had led her to.

"Neteyam, it's..."

He didn't speak, letting her finish her own sentence.

"...beautiful"

She stopped in the centre of the grassy area, noticing the ikran hadn't been there anymore.

Neteyam had approached her, gently wrapping his hands around her waist and placing his head next to hers. She turned her head to look back at him, their noses almost touching.

"So, what did you want to talk about?"

Neteyam was pulled out of the thoughts he currently had, remembering the whole thing that got her to follow him in the first place.

His arms stayed suspended around her waist, turning her to face him as he spoke, "I know that I have told you this before but, I see you Ay'yeiva. Not because of a silly arrangement our parents had set up, but because of you."

She smiled at his words, although a bit confused as to why he thought he had to say it again.

"Neteyam, are you alright? I feel like you're trying to convince me of something"

His hands moved up her back, holding parts of her upper arm, "When I say this I just want you to know that it is me talking, not because I have to but because I want to."

"And only if you want to!" He quickly added.

She grew even more confused, if it was even possible.

Neteyam took a deep breath, calming his voice back down before speaking, "I want you to be my mate."

Ay'yeiva's eyes grew wide. A shy smile formed.

"I want you to be my mate too, Neteyam"

He looked down at her, not knowing if she quite understood what he was getting at, "I need you to be my mate. I honestly can't imagine a single more day without having you as my mate."

Ay'yeiva stayed quiet, Neteyam's intentions becoming clear. She could hear the boys heartbeat from how close they were.

"Can I kiss you?"

Her eyes searched his for a few moments before nodding, using her hands to reach around his neck and pull him closer to her. His arms snuck back around her waist as he smiled into the kiss.

The moment stayed like this for quite a while, the two teens basking in each other's warmth under the moonlit area.

Slowly, Neteyam moved his hands lower down her body, grabbing onto her legs as he sat down on the grassy ground below them.

Ay'yeiva had no choice but to follow, laughing through the kisses as she lowered herself with Neteyam's help.

She pulled her face away from his, having to turn her head to the side so he wouldn't continue kissing her.

"Neteyam" she whispered through laughs.

"Yes, Ma'yeiva?" Instead of kissing her mouth, he opted to kiss her shoulder and neck, moving his way down her arms as she sat on his lap.

He stopped when he had realized the girl was staring at him. Her eyes were glistening.

No words were spoken but Neteyam knew what she had been thinking. He reached around to his neck and reached for his cue, pulling it to his side gently.

Ay'yeiva glanced down to it before smiling softly, reaching to grab her own.

Neteyam watched her movements, wanting to savour every little detail of the moment.

When her hand came close to his, she paused.

"You're sure about this?"

He looked at her, "Yes. There is no one I would rather spend the rest of my life with"

With their faces so close, Neteyam's face had taken up almost her entire vision. This made it a bit difficult for her to guide her cue, but she didn't need to worry as Neteyam had brought his to hers.

Upon connecting, both of them could start to feel more than they ever had before.

Ay'yeiva could feel Neteyam's heartbeat.

Neteyam could feel how the girl's breathing calmed.

Using another kiss to sooth her growing smile, the boy pulled back on her waist to pull her closer to him, maybe pulling a bit too hard when he started to fall over.

Neteyam quickly pulled one of his hands out from behind her and used it to stabilize the two before slowly lowering them to the ground to lay down.

____
don't forget to vote and comment!! it really motivates me to write and would mean the world to me!