Wiseness.

*Knock, knock, knock*

The rattling against the large door steals me away from my sleep. My head... it's aching. What an awful headache. My eyes open and I'm greeted by an unfamiliar room. But after taking a second glance, I'm hit with reality; this is my chamber in Hylia Castle. I sit up, and before I can fully do so, the knocking starts again.

"Enter." I say with a croaky voice. Ouch, my throat is rather dry.

The door is opened by my mother. "Good morning, you two." She says and for a moment I'm confused as to who she is referring to, until my eyes move to the other side of the bed and I spot Link awakening from the night.

"Good morning, mother." I say in reply, still slightly shocked by the fact that I forgot me and Link slept in the same bed last night. This is all so new and, to be honest, doesn't feel right.

Yes, of course I've slept in the same bed as Farore and, as a child, my mother, but never in the same bed with the opposite gender. I think my mother can sense I'm flustered. But I hope she doesn't think we have... done anything, because we certainly did not!

"Breakfast will be served shortly, so please, hastily get dressed." She tells us before closing the door gently. I stretch my arms and then get out of bed, making no eye contact with Link. I feel a lot of tension in the room. I go behind the dressing screen and get dressed as quickly as I can, and as I'm applying my jewelry, I notice the sound of the door. Link must have left.

I now feel more at ease knowing I'm alone to get dressed by myself. I soon finish and then go to the door, opening it, where I'm surprised to see Link, standing there.

"Prince Link? What are you doing?" I ask him, confused by his actions.

"I was waiting for you to finish dressing before we went to breakfast together." He tells me.

"Oh, alright. Thank you." I tell him and begin to walk. He walks beside me, but slightly behind.

I can feel his eyes on me from time to time, and it makes me shiver. However, it was very respectful of him to wait outside to give me privacy, I appreciate that more than he will realise.

I have the feeling he was waiting for me either because, he doesn't know his way around, so was waiting for me, or because everyone would be expecting us to come together, considering we're both coming from the same place. I'm sure it's the second one, it's more likely.

My headache is still there and it's making me feel tired. I feel like going back to bed.

After a few moments of silence, we arrive at our destination; the great hall, for breakfast. As the doors are opened by the royal guards, we step inside to be met with both of our families.

"Morning." My father greets us formally, gesturing for us to sit down.

"Good morning." I say in reply, politely. Me and Link take our seats next to each other, as expected. The table is large and each seat is filled. Along with Link's family and my parents and siblings, we are also in the presence of my aunt and uncle, and cousins. They live here in Hylia Castle. My uncle is the brother of my father.

Immediately, breakfast is served before anything else can be said.

At the other side of me, sits my aunt, Sonia, the Duchess of Faron. "Sonia." I greet her with a smile, I only saw her very briefly yesterday and that was the first time I'd saw them in a while. 

"Hello, Zelda." She greets me warmly. "How are you feeling?" She asks kindly.

"I'm alright, thank you." I reply to her kindness. "How are you today?"

"I'm quite alright, thank you, Princess." She giggles lightly. "How are you feeling after yesterday?" She asks curiously.

"I'm... tired." I tell her honestly, a small laugh escapes my lips when I say it.

She laughs back in return. "You had a busy day yesterday, and you have one yet again today."

"I know." I tell her, my smile now fading and I try to make her not notice. "I'm going to miss you all, this new chapter of my life is undoubtedly going to be different."

"Of course, Zelda." She tells me understandingly. "As you know, I came from a noble family in Labrynna, and moving to Hyrule was undeniably challenging and different. But, everything happens for a reason, and it gets easier. I promise you, whenever it feels tough, just know it won't always be like that." She finishes, her words are always wise and she always knows exactly what to say at the right time.

"Thank you." I tell her and mean it. "That really does mean a lot, I appreciate it." I give her a warm smile. It's nice to have someone who you can relate to, at least to an extent.

"And of course, I know this is very different as your marriage is forming an alliance, and now you're stepping into the court." She explains. "I am very proud of you, Zelda. It's not easy. You're all grown up now." She says sentimental.

I smile, feeling similar. "Your words are always kind and appreciated deeply." I tell her. "I'm glad to have someone like you in my life, and I'll visit as much as I can."

"You're a lovely person." She smiles. "I'll be looking forward to seeing you."

I smile in return, and we continue to eat and finish our breakfast. Intentionally, I take my time to eat my food in hopes of delaying our departure. But unfortunately to my dismay, my actions are of no use and I have to cut my meal short when King Ganondorf speaks.

"We shall be departing for Hytopia in 30 minutes. It is time to go and get organised." He tells us and everyone obliges. We all stand up and exit the room. I'm dreading this.