Moonlight.

Zelda's POV

After we wondered around the flower garden of the castle, I felt myself growing tired. I decided to take a seat on a small bench by a pond, surrounded by flowers. Link remains standing. Why is he making me feel so anxious and awkward? I feel like he's judging my every move. I can't bare this. At least he's not being rude... is he? I have to do or say something.

"Link- I know you probably don't want to do this either- but i'm trying my best to make you feel comfortable and you're simply not letting a word escape your lips. What more can I do?"

He moved his gaze from me towards the moon. I follow his eyes. The moon does look quite beautiful tonight, I can see the reflection of the full moon's sparkling light in his ocean like eyes.

"I know very little about you, and i'm sure you're the same about me. I only found out that I will be your wife a few hours ago." I sighed. "It was such a shock, and I still haven't quite accepted the fact that it's truly going to happen yet."

Nothing. No words, just his intimidating eyes. He doesn't seem to hold any danger with him, just... nothing. A whole lot of nothingness.

That's it. I'm getting sick. He doesn't even have the decency to speak to me. I'm going to be his wife for Hylia's sake! He is being so selfish. I understand that this must be a lot for him too, I really do. But he doesn't seem to respect that it's the same for me.

After a while of sitting in silence, I decide to stand up. "I'm going to head inside. It's getting late." I explain to him as I start walking back towards the castle. He follows me closely behind. What is wrong with him? I know he's not mute, someone would've mentioned that by now.

Maybe he's just bitter because of our kingdoms? Suddenly, my face and blood freezes. Oh no, what if he is in love with someone else? My hands begin to shake. I decide to speed up back towards the castle, and I feel his presence start to disappear. He must be so confused and I feel slightly guilty.

I feel my eyes watering up as I approach the hallway to my room. I feel so stuck, and I can't escape. I feel helpless. I feel anger towards both of our families for doing this to us. I don't know what to do.

I open my door and take my tiara off and place it on my dresser. Sitting on my chair, I just look at myself. A helpless girl looks back at me, yet again. She looks ashamed and embarrassed. I want to help her, to comfort her and tell her that everything will be okay. But I don't know for sure that what I want to tell her is true. She needs saving by the goddesses.

Tomorrow, I'm going to visit the spring of wisdom. I wield the triforce of wisdom, therefore I will visit the spring for answers. Maybe Naydra can help me, and I need Hylia on my side right now.

I stand up and change out of this dress. Feeling a sense of relief as I change into my nightdress. Laying down in the cool sheets of my soft bed, I close my eyes. I'm exhausted. Eventually I drift off into a peaceful slumber.

****

Feeling the light of the sun-rays shining through the corners of my curtains, my eyes open. I look over to my clock, 7:58am. Breakfast will be ready soon, I should get up. I sigh as I remove the blanket from my body. I must to go visit the goddess today.

I pick a dress from my wardrobe. It's colours resemble that of yesterdays; my kingdoms colours. I then put it on, fix my hair, put on some blue heels to match my dress then head down to the dining hall. I'm then greeted by my family as well as Queen Cia and Prince Link. King Ganondorf and Princess Aryll must've already left.

"Good morning, Zelda." My mother greets me.

"Good morning, Mother." I decide to sit next to my brother, who is already starting to his eat his breakfast. Shortly, the waitress places a plate in front of me. Eggs and tomatoes. I don't feel like eating but I suck it up and push it down.

Again, I feel his eyes upon me and I feel myself becoming more and more uneasy. I take a few more bites and leave half the plate remaining.

I excuse myself and stand up to go leave.

"Zelda, where are you going in such a rush?" My father asks me in a serious tone, as usual.

"I have to go offer aid to matters in Kakariko Village." I lie, it's just a sensible activity that he isn't going to prevent me from doing, though I will make sure to make a quick stop there on my way back.

"Very well, though please be back for no later than 4pm." He replies, looking away from me to his plate of food.

4pm is quite early, but I nod to my father and leave hastily. I quickly head back to my room, change some snow into leggings, and top and finish the look with a hood and boots so nobody recognises me. The Spring of Wisdom is located on Mount Lanayru, where it is always snowing and ice cold. I pack another dress in my bag so when I go to Kakariko nobody suspects anything. I have this all figured out.

I stealthily sneak my way out of the castle grounds and I fetch my horse. Not my usual white one, my other horse, Blue. I named him blue because of his unique blue fur. This is my horse that I use when I don't want to be recognised, in times like this.

I put my bag on the side of my horse, and get myself on. "Hyah." I say, making him go. He starts to gallop at a reasonably fast pace and fortunately nobody seems to recognise me. Phew.

After an hour and a half, I arrive at the spring. Finally, I hop off my horse, and take down my hood. I dip my hand in the water. It's baltic. Stingingly cold. Hesitantly, I step into the water. Already my ankle down feels bitterly cold, I'm already regretting this, but I'm going to do it.