Is it me?

After a short stroll, we reach the orchid. It's a calm, and the air is warm against my skin. It's generally a pleasant afternoon. I find a short area which will shade us from the warm rays of the sun and sit down, resting my back against the tree. Link remains standing, looking at me with his fierce eyes.

What am I supposed to do now?!

Anxiety kicks in and I feel a sense of discomfort. I'm actually unsure of what to do right now. Should I offer him a seat? Okay that's what I'm going to do.

"Would you like to sit down?" I offer kindly, patting the area next to me. I still feel so nervous.

Reluctantly, he takes a seat after a few awkward seconds of standing. He's not too close to me but not too far away either. However, he's close enough for me to feel discomfort.

Unsure of what to do, I attempt to make and start a conversation with him; "So, uh..." I start my sentence before I figure out what I'm going to say. Oh no, I feel like such a fool! I quickly think of how else to finish the question or statement- I haven't even decided on which one! I'm so anxious, I can't think and I can feel his eyes on me. "It's a beautiful day, isn't it?" That was the most monotonous thing I could've said. I turn my eyes in his direction and he gives a mere nod before looking away. He's being completely silent again!

This is just great. He seems so unbothered and I seem so insecure. I guess I am in a way, I'm insecure because I feel like he will never love me and love is something I almost crave. I need validation- ever since I was young I've craved validation from the people of the kingdom, and have done whatever it would've took to be the perfect princess. I guess I'm the same when it comes to love.

Like before, I'm going to try to get his attention. Im going to find out why he's being so quiet, and why he spoke to me the other day. This event is still causing me confusion and I can't bare it anymore. "Prince Link," I start warily, getting his attention again, "Why did you do that the other day?" I ask him, hoping he knows what i'm talking about.

He gave me no response, his eyes show me that he is unsure of what I am referring to.

"When you caught me when I tripped." I state the obvious. Nothing else has happened between us.

His answer is silent again, but he gives me a simple shrug of his shoulders before his gaze leaves mine and meets the orchid again. This is ridiculous! He's acting like a child! Even Ravio has better manners!

"Please answer me. You're being rude." I tell him, showing small hints of frustration in my voice. I get off of the grass and stand up- I'm actually not too sure why I do this, I think I'm just too uncomfortable to be sitting while I feel such negative emotions inside of me.

Link just looked at me. His eyes full of colour but nothing at all behind them. He stands up too.

"Why are you doing this?" I cried, frustrated and angry- not even attempting to hide it anymore.

Again, silence. Not a single noise drops from his lips. What in the name of Hylia?! I feel my blood boiling more and more by the second, and if he doesn't start acting more like a human I think all of my emotions of the past few days are going to explode on him.

"I know you can talk, you spoke to me the other day!" I begin, knowing all of my emotions are going to be released on him. "You must have the decency to speak to me, I'm going to be your Wife for Hylia's sake! We are going to be together for the rest of our lives, and you're making it not only extremely difficult for myself, but also for you! I don't want this anymore than you do, but neither of us have a choice so we may as well try to at least get on!"

His eyes are looking at me, surprised and almost confused. He probably wasn't expecting me to lash out like that, but he's still not talking! I feel even more upset now.

"You're really not going to respond to me? I don't understand! I get you probably don't want to get married and this is a lot to take in, but it's the exact same for me! I'm going through the same thing you are!" I shout a little bit too loud, thankfully nobody accept him can hear. " So I don't get it. Is it me?"

The question I've been baring for so long finally escapes my body and enters his ears. I start to feel rather guilty for shouting at him like that, but he had to be told. He looks almost hurt now, and I think he's trying to look for the right words so I don't say anything else. I start playing with the sapphire ring on my finger as anxiety rushes through my blood at the thoughts of what he may say in response to me.

After a few moments, he finally speaks. "I-..." He starts before he looks at me, "I'm sorry, Princess." He says before a sigh falls from his lips.

Wow. I'm taken aback by his words. This is the second time I've ever heard him speak and a sense of relief flushes over my body, I was almost expecting him to insult me or shout back at me.

Now I feel really guilty. "I-it's okay, I guess-" I tell him gently, before I realize: "actually, I'm sorry but, I had to get that off my chest, Prince Link. Your behavior wasn't okay. At all." I tell him, trying to shake off this guiltiness.

"I know it's not, my behavior was absurd and you didn't deserve to be treated that way." Now his eyes hold guilt deep within them. "I will try to be more responsive and will make sure to treat you with respect- as my future wife and future Queen."

Wow, he sounds so genuine and his voice doesn't bare any sarcasm or evil within it. "Thank you, I really do appreciate your words." I tell him, showing gratitude in my voice. "This is going to make things a lot easier for the both of us now." My anger has disappeared and I feel a lot more at ease. I still feel slightly guilty now that he's apologized, but I try to force myself not to as it was the right thing to do, he had to hear that, because if he didn't, he might've became more distant and quiet with me, but he's started talking to me now. "I have one request and question, your highness." I finally tell him.

"Yes?" He responds, giving me his full attention.

"I wish for you to verbally communicate with me for now on." I tell him, "I am setting this boundary to make our relationship more tolerant." I explain to him and he nods.

"Of course, your highness." He replies respectfully. "And the question?" He asks me, curiously.

"Ah, yes." I tell him, and I feel a bit nervous to ask him this, as nobody in my family seems to know the answer to this, but I have to know the answer, it's the question that's been bugging me the most from the very beginning of meeting him. " If you don't mind me asking, why is it that even around your own parents and siblings, you're so quiet all of the time?"