Difficult Situations.

We're the first ones to enter the great hall and I take a seat at the end of the table, away from everyone. My mother sits in the seat closest to where my father would sit and Cia sits in the seat opposite her. A few minutes later, Farore and Ravio come inside.

"Hello!" Ravio says, sitting next to my mother, Farore sitting across from him.

Shortly after, my father and Link walk inside.
"Greetings." My father says, taking a seat next to my mother unfortunately that leaves Link to sit next to me. I don't want him there but it's not like I can help it so I don't think too much of it. He smells cold and like the outdoors, he should definitely clean himself.

"How was your training?" Mother asks them both of them.

"It was fantastic." My father replies to her. "How did you get on with the wedding preparations?" He then asks all three of us.

"It was great, we're finished them now. We've given them to the organisers- everything is done!" She replies. I don't know why I was made to stay there, it's not like I did anything, nor did they care about my opinions for my own wedding.

"Great." My father says as the food is placed in front of us. It's a salad with a few slices of chicken. I'm still not hungry. Again, I eat a bit and just play around with my food.

"Zelda, remember you and Prince Link are to spend the afternoon together." Father informs me. Oh no, I forgot about that!

"Yes, of course." I say, not wanting to admit the fact that I completely let it slip my mind.

He just gives me a nod before looking back to his food. I'm so annoyed now, I was going to spend my afternoon in my study to keep things off my mind. Unfortunately I'll have to do that tomorrow now. Wait... what do my parents actually want us to do together? I'm confused.

Quietly, I speak up. "Mother, Father," I say nervously, unluckily getting everyone's attention. "What do you want us to do?" I say in a mouse like tone.

Everyone's eyes are on me, and my father almost looks annoyed! Why is he angry for? There's nothing he has to be angry about it! This made me even more annoyed than him.

"Well, you two should obviously get to know each other before you are married." He replies to me. Well, obviously! That's why you're meant to marry someone you love and know! Not some random stranger!

I want to scream these things plus a million more but my brain is smart enough not to. "Yes, I obviously know that." I say a bit louder than I should've and in a slightly disrespectful tone, instantly regret it, "But what activity do you want us to do? That's what i'm confused on." I say quickly before my parents can tell me off for my tone.

Father looks at me, he has poison in his eyes. But at this point, i'm not as worried as I should be about it because I've done nothing wrong, and I'm doing him a huge favor here by even agreeing to the marriage, so he has no right to hold any anger towards me.

"Well, you two could spend some time going for a walk around the castle gardens, getting to know each other." My mother suggests, before my father reprimands me for being 'rude' or 'unladylike'.

"Alright." I say, not looking at either of them, Link has looked away from me, I think he was surprised. Princesses aren't meant to show disrespect to their parents, especially their father.

I deliberately take my time to eat my food, taking small bites and chewing very well. When everyone is finished, I'm still on around my 7th bite. I'm still not hungry, I've completely lost my appetite in the last few days. I honestly don't feel like myself.

"Zelda, for Hylia's sake- eat your food properly!" My father half-shouts at me interrupting the silence 
and I'm slightly startled. He still appears angry at me, he's making me really upset.

"I- Sorry, Father." I say in a shaky tone, when he shouts anxiety starts to kick in. I think my brain enters fight-or-flight when he shouts at me.

He looks at me with disgust. I feel like i'm about to break down or scream. I don't know what's wrong with me, or why i'm feeling like this, but I just want to get out of this uncomfortable room as soon as possible. These people I call my parents are so incredibly toxic and prejudiced. I can't stand it.

Eventually everyone has finished eating and my plate remains almost untouched. This can't be healthy, I'm eating so little but I'm just not hungry at all at the minute. My appetite has vanished.

Everyone stands up and I do in unison with them. I'm so nervous for this afternoon. Promptly, my mother talks. "Zelda, you and Link are to meet us here for dinner tonight. Have a pleasant afternoon." She tells me, not expecting a reply, before her and everyone else leave the great hall. Farore gives me a luck as if she was to say "good luck". Great. Now i'm stuck with him. This is going to be... interesting?

I catch his eyes upon me once again, and I look back at him. "Well, I guess we should exit this room." I state the obvious in almost a sarcastic manner, but kind of feel like an idiot. He probably thinks that I am too. I can't blame him at this point, to be honest.

As I start walking, he follows me closely behind. I get a sense of déjà vu from the night we met. I think this is probably because he doesn't know his way around like I do. I almost feel sorry for him.

"Uh..." I start apprehensively, "Where would you like to go and what would you like to do?" I finish my question and I glance back at him; his eyes are locked with mine and I feel my stomach doing backflips. I rapidly look away and face forwards again so he can't see my face, because I'm sure there is bound to be a bright hue spread across my cheeks.

No reply.

Ugh, is he really not gonna talk to me still? I feel my blood beginning to boil at this point. My life isn't easy at the minute, but i'm sure his isn't either so I don't necessarily want to be unkind to him about it. Though, I do want to say something about his somewhat absurd behaviour.

"Fine, we will go to an orchard." I say for him, if he wants to go somewhere else he has to tell me- I can't read minds. He doesn't say anything in return so i'm sure he must be fine with it. I start walking in the direction of the orchards and again, his presence is close behind me.