Joy to Their Thoughts

She smirked as she got in the running vehicle,four armed officers waiting for her as she was to be transferred to her new cell.
All eyes trained on her as she sat in the center,she could never understand why such people would risk their lives like this,always watching criminals day in and day out.

"So,"she began and they all scowled at her,the scowls she was given made her smile and almost laugh,but she continued,"shall we trade secrets with each other while we braid hair?"she giggled.

The men kept their positions and knew not to provoke her,she was a dangerous human being and could try anything at any moment.

Joy sighed longly as she hummed a small tune,she began to find the whole captivated animal thing boring and just wanted to lighten the mood a bit.
She grinned as she finally got an idea,"Psst,"she hissed at the guard on her left.

The guard glared at her and Joy just knew that the guy was new or at least still getting used to the whole taking an insane prisoner to their cell,yet she just knew one of her few tricks should work on cracking him.

"So you got a name?"she asked only to get utter silence.

Joy sighed before looking the guard over,he was buff and handsomer than her latest henchman.Her eyes shot from one guard to the next then she grinned before sighing longly,"You boys have any fun in here?"she purred out.

"You don't get to talk,crazy!"one of them snarled causing her to giggle.

"Cute bark,Blue's Clues."she snickered.

The man growled lowly before gripping his weapon tighter,Joy smiled wide and hummed again.

"Ever hear about that kiddie show?The one with the blue dog and her pals helping her finding clues to figure things out?Oldie that one,from back when your mothers were teens or something."Joy began then chuckled,"Oh!And that one time there was some mail for them and they'd sing that they got a letter and wonder who it's from...Well,boys,I wonder who this is from."Joy grinned and began to laugh.

The guards all watched as she laughed maniacally before one of them noticed something,"Guys?"he squeaked as he saw Joy's stomach seeping with blood.

The corners of her mouth foamed and her eyes widened before tears began to fall then another guard noticed it...

"My god."he gasped as he saw Joy's face short-circuiting.

The guard noticed a small gap between the the girl's neck and slowly pulled the small skin then peeled off what looked like a second skin,all eyes trained on Joy,but it turned out to be...

"It's a trap!"he yelled before green gas exploded out of the woman's stomach.

+++

The driver in the front heard the tiny explosion and stiffened a bit then grabbed his radio,"Arthur?Is everything okay in there?"he asked only to hear nothing.

He waited a minute before finally halting immediately,he grabbed his radio again and signaled it to all officers,"Candace,I need immediate back up!This is a 10-34 and a possible 10-66!"

+++

An hour or so had passed when help finally arrived,six S.W.A.T cars had arrived on scene,everyone opened their doors and aimed at the truck.

There was no movement in the truck,but green gas slowly began to appear out of the truck.

"Dammit,someone call the--" "What the hell's going on here,Captain?"Terry bellowed out as he landed at the scene.

"There was a call about a possible bomb threat and officers that aren't responding...As you can see."the captain explained before ordering his men to keep holding their fire.

"I'll handle it."Terry hissed out.

"Terry,no.It's too dangerous."Bruce barked from the com-link.

"I'd rather take my chances."Terry growled as he walked closer to the vehicle.

"You stupid kid,what if she's armed or worse,the gas hasn't died down,there's the possibility of yourself or the officers getting gassed still."Bruce explained causing Terry to grit his teeth.

"I got this."he growled as his hand reached for the handle of the van.

There was silence in the area, officers aiming with their fingers near the triggers, ready.
Terry held his breath and counted backwards from ten, his palms sweating then when he hit one, he opened the doors wide.

"Holy...Crap."