𝗔𝟭| XI

The Maze

𓆩 𓆩 𓆩 𓆩♡𓆪 𓆪 𓆪 𓆪

𓆩 𓆩 𓆩 𓆩♡𓆪 𓆪 𓆪 𓆪

Much to Aurelie dismay the month before the final task came too quickly in her opinion. She did do much, she went to lessons hanged out with her friends. She and George both agreed that they were better off as friends, there wasn't any love involved especially for the Yule ball, it was like they just went as friends so Aurelies friends hanged round with them as well, she still practiced defensive spells so she could master them.

The day Aurélie is supposed to know about the third and final task Madame Maxine talked to her after her charms lesson.

"You are to go down to the Quidditch field tonight at nine o'clock, Aurélie," she told her. "Mr. Bagman will be there to tell the champions about the third task."

So at half past eight that night, Aurélie left the carriage, as she reached the castle to go down the the pitch she met with Cedric and Harry on the way there so all three of them went down together as Aurélie didn't know where to go.

"What d'you reckon it's going to be?" Cedric asked Harry and Aurélie as they went together down the stone steps, out into the cloudy night.

"I think it's going to be underground tunnels; maybe we have to find treasure." Said Aurélie.

"That wouldn't be too bad," said Harry, thinking that he would simply ask Hagrid for a niftier to do the job for him.

They walked down the dark lawn to the Quidditch stadium, turned through a gap in the stands, and walked out onto the field.

"What've they done to it?" Cedric said indignantly, stopping dead. The Quidditch field was no longer smooth and flat. It looked as
though somebody had been building long, low walls all over it that twisted and crisscrossed in every direction.

"They're hedges!" said Harry, bending to examine the nearest one.

"Hello there!" called a cheery voice. Ludo Bagman was standing in the middle of the field with Krum. Harry, Aurélie and Cedric made their way toward them, climbing over the hedges.

"Well, what d'you think?" said Bagman happily as Harry, Aurélie and Cedric climbed over the last hedge. "Growing nicely, aren't they? Give them a month and Hagrid'll have them twenty feet high. Don't worry," he added, grinning, spotting the less-than-happy expressions on Harry's and Cedric's faces, "you'll have your Quidditch field back to normal once the task is over! Now, I imagine you can guess what we're making here?"

No one spoke for a moment. Then —

"Maze," grunted Krum.